ghost in the machine

marty69dude

ghost in the machine heeelllp!!!!

good evening o knowlageable ones got a few questions for you, 1: when i drive to work in the mornings after about 5 mins the fan rpm increases by itself so i turn it down and it will happen a few times more, the temp stays the same just the fan speeds up, the climate control is definately on manual not set to auto any ideas wtf this is??? 2: the car i have is a month old cupra fr 150tdi, does anyone else have quite a whiney gear box when coasting in gear mostly in 1st,2nd and 3rd 3: I want to put a couple of self powered subs in the boot of said cupra, the head unit is the aura with 6 disc multi changer, are there any rca (phono's) out on the back of the hu? let me know peeps, lol Marty. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
marty -

1) my climate control does this too. Its when the engine warms up it seems to turn the fans up to blow the hot air out to set the cabin at the right temp. Or at least thats what i thought.
2) gearbox - no problem on mine
3) No phono out on head unit. You will need to either use the high-level (speaker) outputs and hook directly to subs (ie lose ur rear speakers or something) or get a new, better head unit. (most have opted for the later option)

Interested to hear other replies regarding 1) - as i didnt think this seemed normal on mine.

Getgaff

Less bounce, more beans
Mar 14, 2002
Numpty Land
Visit site
Point one is a common feature of climate control. The system controls the rate of air flow depending on cabin temperature vs temperature dialled in.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
marty69dude said:
good evening o knowlageable ones got a few questions for you, 1: when i drive to work in the mornings after about 5 mins the fan rpm increases by itself so i turn it down and it will happen a few times more, the temp stays the same just the fan speeds up, the climate control is definately on manual not set to auto any ideas wtf this is??? :cheers:
Marty, mine does this too, im getting a replacement panel (its all onboard behind the screen), ill post up when ive gotten the new one.
with mine, id have it on say,26, be driving along with it on 1 notch, all of a sudden itll turn itself up to 5+ notches and roast my bollocks off, its a distraction.

marty69dude

Getgaff said:
Point one is a common feature of climate control. The system controls the rate of air flow depending on cabin temperature vs temperature dialled in.
:confused: i thought the only time this happened was when the climate was set to auto?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
the dealer engineers agreed that it wasnt right when set to manual it should be 100% manual except when on low it should go to full whack for clearing the windscreen.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hmmm, then its a common problem then!

I know its an annoyance, but i am gonna have very little comeback now anyway - my dash has been converted to double DIN and hence they would argue that its my fault.

Wonder how much a CC unit costs anyway......

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
I thought this was a feature of the climate control... although it is on manual I'm pretty sure it winds back the blower until the air from the engine is warm enough to pump into the car. Bet your problem doesn't happen on a warm day or when engine is warm. Have you only noticed it since the air turned cold?

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
yeah only noticed since the air has got colder, but then wasn't using the fan in summer...only got it in summer too...

il set it to say 23oc and its on manual on my feet and constntly up the fan til about 6 notches up every 30 secs!!! Well annoying!