Goodbye 1.4

deadeyejim

Grumpier than Fester
Yesterday I traded in my trusty 05 plate 1.4 Ibiza Sport :(

But I came away with a brand new Ibiza FR TDi :D

Happy doesn't begin to describe me at the moment, finally I have some power.

Couple of quick piccies below.

frfront.jpg

frrear.jpg

frside.jpg

aaronbromley

TDISport.com Owner
Nov 25, 2004
Lincolnshire
www.TDISport.com
Welcome to the Diesel dark side! nice looking car mate, i have the pre face lift model and to this day i am still very happy with it. Mine has been custom-coded and its great! You may not think you will want it remapped at the moment? but i am certain that within a year or two you will have it done! :)

Did you get a good deal on the car?

dash

Feb 11, 2006
surrey
NIce one m8. You wont be dissapointed, that I can assure you!
Had an 2003 ibiza 1.4 SE before untill I traded it fot the FR TDi 2004 last year:lol: .

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
front and rear are the meanest around currently on any hot hatch/supermini but why on gods name didnt they put skirts on as standard????
From the side it looks very plain. I Think stocky put skirts on his and looked immense.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Loved driving my FR - just wish it hadn't have had to go back to the stealer so many times - definately a Friday afternoon car mine...... :(

dash

Feb 11, 2006
surrey
I have to admit my 1.4 gave me a few problems.
Sometimes the engine management lights will come on and goes off after sometime by itself!
Was told by dealer its a common fault on the petrol.
Had the electric window mechanism busted...glad got that fixed under warrenty;)
Apart from that been a really good car:lol:

bizzaboy

Forget the power, I'd want to drive around in it as SLOW as possible - so EVERYONE gets to see how MEAN the Front and Rear end look now!!! :worship:

Lovely car mate, that Red really does show off the facelift Front/Rear ends beautifully! [B)] ;)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Welcome to diesel! :) bet you notice poo loads of difference in power? I test drove a 1.4 sport before getting my 130 tdi. I was very disappointed tbh. aaronbromley is right, i havent had mine 4 months yet and want more power! :lol: lovely car. the red looks dead nice polished up. enjoy!

loonymoon

Red and Yellow are the best colours for the facelift IMO

Yet another member of the 1.2/1.4 to 1.9 Tdi gang..... I hope to see you guys soon!

.....maybe one day, I'll be one too....!! Nice car to upgrade to. Love the looks of the facelift.[B)]

Had my 1.4SX a year now and it's just about to go in for it's first service under my ownership. I used to whinge quite a bit a bout the power but it's been surprising me lately, a couple of tankfuls of Shell VPower seems to act like spurs on the boots of a cowboy. It responds much better now and I'm sure it's not just the placebo effect as I haven't found myself cussing in frustration for a week or two now. Just hope the service doesn't destroy that!!

Still, I'd like an upgrade one day, can't see it being for a few years yet though..:cry:

T. Spark

The new bumpers do look very nice in red dont they!

Id be tempted to get some skirts to finish it off

T. Spark

where are the pics :redface:

In the first thread.

Hmm, looks like it might not be my work after all, as I can see these ones... but I did check the thread a few days ago, so probs hasnt had otre-load.

Maybe a error on the forum loading link to images this morning?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members