Goodbye From Me !!!

chris19

Beemer Slayer
Jan 30, 2005
London
Hi Guys,

I hope you’re all well and had a good new year. The time has come to sell my beloved Cupra. I knew it would, but the date is now fast approaching.

My business miles are increasing, I will be doing more urban driving than I have been previously, so have decided that front wheel drive and manual must go.

So what car for a replacement? I drove an S3, TT, 350Z, all of which were nice, and are fairly fast, but the s3 and tt are the same as what I’ve had before, loud, bumpy ride, turbo always working. Decided that the better option would be a BMW, as I used to have an old shape e30 320i and liked it, plus my dad has a 7 series.

So I went at the weekend to my local official BMW dealer and got myself a nice 330ci M clubsport with all the toys, Xenon’s, full leather electric seats, blah blah blah. Lovely motor, makes a stunning sound. Pick it up this Sunday. Only 2 years old and 11,000 Miles !!! (New Car)

Ok, so my Revo’d Cupra was slightly quicker to 60 (only in the dry), but above 100 the Beemer is stunning.

I just wanted to say thank you all for your help, advice, comments and suggestions, I hope you all continue to enjoy your fun and fast motoring. I will still check back here from time to time, and might see some of you in the BMW forums in the future,

All The Best,

Chris

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
is'nt that gonna kill you on fuel though if you are doing more urban miles.

Did you not look at the 330 D

chris19

Beemer Slayer
Jan 30, 2005
London
Hi Ant,

Yeah I did drive the 330cd, I am also aware that AMD do a remap for it, ups it to near 280bhp and tons and tons of torque. Drove one and loved it, but also loved the noise of the petrol straight six.

All in, the economy is going to suffer, I know that, but the feeling and comfort is enhanced greatly.

You do loads of annual miles, even more than me, and in one of your previous forum threads, you stated that you didn't care and just had to have the petrol and deal with it, I am now in a similar position. The Cupra is a great car though. I am not joking, with the remap it became an monster, excellerates with ease, just fed up of it always sliding about, and fancied a change.

How are you getting on with yours?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i still wish that when i bought mine the Cupra Tdi was about, as i would have got that. but i still love the sound of mine etc.

Although i doubt i will to much more than 10k this year,as moving offices back into central london and will be in on the train everyday. limiting myself to 800 miles per month, and still way in budget for january.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members