Greetings from a Seat noob

Nov 5, 2023
Hi all,

I've recently become a part of the Seat family. At the moment it's turning out to be a nightmare car but I'm determined to get it out of the PMS mode that it's in. This car will love me one day! :D

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi all,

I've recently become a part of the Seat family. At the moment it's turning out to be a nightmare car but I'm determined to get it out of the PMS mode that it's in. This car will love me one day! :D
Welcome to SCN, what car have you bought as I have had SEAT,s since 1996 and never had a bad one. Hope you get it sorted.

Nov 5, 2023
Hey, thank you. I have a 2008 Altea 1.9 TDI. I bought it for running back and forward to work as it was going cheap and had a years MOT on it. It turned out the clutch and flyweel were done (I got less than a week out of it after buying it) so I've replaced the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate along with the bearing and slave cylinder while I was in there. There is some wacky electrical issue going on. I actually really like the car, it's really comfortable and since putting the new clutch in it, the thing doesn't mess around moving :D I'll get to the bottom of the problems. I work in a garage (unfortunately I'm not a mechanic) so I have free access to use the garage after hours and on weekends. Having access to lifts and tools makes messing with the car a lot easier. :)

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hey, thank you. I have a 2008 Altea 1.9 TDI. I bought it for running back and forward to work as it was going cheap and had a years MOT on it. It turned out the clutch and flyweel were done (I got less than a week out of it after buying it) so I've replaced the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate along with the bearing and slave cylinder while I was in there. There is some wacky electrical issue going on. I actually really like the car, it's really comfortable and since putting the new clutch in it, the thing doesn't mess around moving :D I'll get to the bottom of the problems. I work in a garage (unfortunately I'm not a mechanic) so I have free access to use the garage after hours and on weekends. Having access to lifts and tools makes messing with the car a lot easier. :)
Best of luck in fixing the electrial faualt.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.