guess what numpty done!!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
well i decided to check my green filter today to make sure everything is all clean but when removing my strut brace a dropped one of the bloody bolts:doh: could'nt even see it let alone reach it!
so ended up having to do this>>
Photo-0028.jpg

first time i have ever tried anything this advanced on any car, only had the forge guide to help me but to be honest it was a peace of pee pee only took 40 mins to remove, find bolt and put back on.
was well chuffed so i'd thought i'd tell you all:happy:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
was it not on top of the engine undersheild bit of a pain to take bumper off did you give your rads a good clean while bumper was off :)

gazjones

i did this but lost in at the back of the engine bay! this was a strut bolt as well lol. was resting on a box halfway down the bulkhead!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
gave everything a quick wipe nothing special it was too cold out for anything else, it was wedged where that bottle cap thing was but couldn't see it until the bumper was off, also notice that i had a bloody mcdonalds drinks carton covering half my SMIC must keep a better eye on that:redface:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
gave everything a quick wipe nothing special it was too cold out for anything else, it was wedged where that bottle cap thing was but couldn't see it until the bumper was off, also notice that i had a bloody mcdonalds drinks carton covering half my SMIC must keep a better eye on that:redface:

looks like you went fro zero to hero when you saw the half blocked smic

well done fella [B)]

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
cheers mate certainly was. few things i noticed though, my strut brace had obviously been taken off when i had my new turbo, well they overtightened it beyond belief (i shattered a 13mm socket on one of the bolts!) also the leads from the siolonoid box are supposed to be pressed into spacers to keep em straight, they were just wedged in there.
love the way dealers are proud of their workmanship :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
you can bet your arse they chucked your strut brace on the workshop floor after they removed it too

have you ever seen a Kwik Fit fitter throwing cats about the workshop and then fitting them

BTW I'm not talking pussycats just in case the SPCA are logged on :lol:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Anyway mate sounds like u had some fun taking off the bumper, I made a point of not dropping the bolts I was stupidly carefull for that exact reason. Plus Im not that clever to take the bumper off haha

loonymoon

When I was replacing one of the inner tail light bulbs on my Ibiza I dropped one of the screws in the boot - somehow it managed to find its way under the carpet and right underneath the spare wheel.:blink:

Not such pain in the arse to get at as your problem obviously- however it showed me how bloomin' difficult it is to get the flippin' spare wheel and tool box lined up to screw them back in again with that big retaining bolt. Anyhow it seems I didn't get it right and managed to damage the thread on the big bolt as now it won't screw in place properly and the bolt ends up at an angle meaning that everytime I go over a big bump I can hear the toolbox/spare wheel moving about... :cry:

Not as bad as when my dad dropped the keys to his Triumph sprint ST motorbike and they managed to fall down the very small side gap of the fairing and ended up on the inside of the belly pan where there was no chance of reaching them... luckily we were at a service station which had an attached car-dealers and workshop and they managed to get it out with one of those long bendy grabber things...!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
or a long magnet it handy getting metal thing out of tight spots ive got this wicked tool off the snap on man its a flexible long wire with led to see, grabber arms that exstend out and grab, and its magnetic cost me a tenner :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.