AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi,

SInce you don't have BT, the phone button will still mute.

You should now have speed warnings when using NAV and also a 2D overview of the map (from above). People also say that the changes between functions (media, radio, nav, etc) and route calculation are faster.

There are a couple of other stuff but I don't remember it from the top of my head.

By the way, how much time did this take you?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cuton Fr

Oct 27, 2014
Hi All
New to the site and I hope I would gain the added knowledge on our brands. I drive a 2007 Leon fr.

Doughmac

Oct 25, 2014
South London
I've updated my 310 from 0212 -> 0351 then -> 0357 and it works great! Had an issue when trying to do the second 0351 update which failed twice @5%, but i decided to skip it and update to 357, and all is fine.

Thanks for the info & files

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi,

How much time did that take you? Just wondering because my battery is 7 years old and it might not have what it takes.:rolleyes:

Doughmac

Oct 25, 2014
South London
Hi,

How much time did that take you? Just wondering because my battery is 7 years old and it might not have what it takes.:rolleyes:

I actually did all my updates while driving my hour long trip to work :D

but i dont stall, so if you have a chance of this id say do it while engine is on

Liamwillitts

Oct 19, 2014
Hi,

SInce you don't have BT, the phone button will still mute.

You should now have speed warnings when using NAV and also a 2D overview of the map (from above). People also say that the changes between functions (media, radio, nav, etc) and route calculation are faster.

There are a couple of other stuff but I don't remember it from the top of my head.

By the way, how much time did this take you?

Thanks!

erm about 25 minutes each upload.

was painting brake calipers at same time so left keys in and it just ran off the battery no issues

Andy200583

Hi Andrew, is there any chance you/anyone could help me with this? I have followed your step by step guide for updating the RNS310 head unit but im getting a message on my head unit reading :cd error.... ejecting disk.
I have all the necessary requirements to do this update i.e right head unit and version/software numbers etc. Im also using 7zip and alcohol 120% to extract and burn the image to cd. I think my problem must be with the software im using (7zip and alcohol 120%) Im not overly familiar with either. I think Im using the wrong settings etc. Could you possibly give a step by step guide on how to use the software and what settings to use to achieve the best result.

I know it's a big ask but it would be really really appreciated.

Thank You

Andy200583

Hi Andrew or anyone, is there any chance you/anyone could help me with this? I have followed your step by step guide for updating the RNS310 head unit but im getting a message on my head unit reading :cd error.... ejecting disk.
I have all the necessary requirements to do this update i.e right head unit and version/software numbers etc. Im also using 7zip and alcohol 120% to extract and burn the image to cd. I think my problem must be with the software im using (7zip and alcohol 120%) Im not overly familiar with either. I think Im using the wrong settings etc. Could you possibly give a step by step guide on how to use the software and what settings to use to achieve the best result.

I know it's a big ask but it would be really really appreciated.

Thank You

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Cant really mate the car is long gone and it was so long ago.

My advise would be to burn the files as slowly as possible if 1x speed is available use that

Liamwillitts

Oct 19, 2014
Andy

What firmware do you have. I did mine recently.let me know what firmware you have and which to download, and I'll burn to cd and post to you

Andy200583

Thank you, I really wasn't expecting such a quick response.

Seat Media System 2.0

5P0035191

H15

This is the information given in the hidden menu. Can you help?

Thanks Again.

Andy200583

I think my issue could be with using windows 8. I've had a look on some windows 8 forums and a few people have reported having issues with burning media to disk. I never had that problem with vista or windows 7. If you think you can burn the disks for me i'd be more than willing to pay you for your time. You could list them on ebay or give me your paypal payee address.
This has been a problem for me since purchasing the car. the head unit has very limited wireless media functions (bluetooth) and it also sometimes struggles accessing my phone. The satnav is just stupid, I think it wants to kill me haha.

Thanks For Your Help.

Liamwillitts

Oct 19, 2014
I think my issue could be with using windows 8. I've had a look on some windows 8 forums and a few people have reported having issues with burning media to disk. I never had that problem with vista or windows 7. If you think you can burn the disks for me i'd be more than willing to pay you for your time. You could list them on ebay or give me your paypal payee address.
This has been a problem for me since purchasing the car. the head unit has very limited wireless media functions (bluetooth) and it also sometimes struggles accessing my phone. The satnav is just stupid, I think it wants to kill me haha.

Thanks For Your Help.

Dont be daft, not interested in any money for them. Thats what forums like this are for aren't they!!??

i updated from 212 not 227.

If you send me the links from the start of this thread that you want me to download and burn then pm me your address

Andy200583

Hey Liam.

Thanks for all your help.

I think these are the two files i require?

I'm upgrading from 0227.

www18.zippyshare.com/v/47864770/file.html[/url]

Password: rns

www73.zippyshare.com/v/53624183/file.html[/url]

Password: gpsunderground

Thanks again.

Liamwillitts

Oct 19, 2014
Hey Liam.

I'm upgrading from 0227.

Thanks again.

will try and do them today and post before the weekend

Liamwillitts

Oct 19, 2014
Hey Liam.

I'm upgrading from 0227.

Thanks again.

andy send me your address. i have the discs you need

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise