Hachback rear seat repalce

Equalizer

Dec 12, 2013
Poland
Hello.

I'm thinking about replacing my rear seat for one from sportstourer, but I am not sure if it will fit. Have someone done this kind of replacement? I have 2018 FR 5d hatchback with standard rear, two piece couch and I would like to fit one with an armrest.

Cheers.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hello.

I'm thinking about replacing my rear seat for one from sportstourer, but I am not sure if it will fit. Have someone done this kind of replacement? I have 2018 FR 5d hatchback with standard rear, two piece couch and I would like to fit one with an armrest.

Cheers.

There was a rear seat with an armrest for the 5-door hatchback but it was included in the optional Alcantara package.
I thought that it might prove helpful for you to know about it.

Reactions: Equalizer

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Hello.

Cheers.
The rear seat from a sports tourer will fit the hatchback.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Absolutely yes. I've replaced both front and rear seats in my ST with half leather/half alcantara from a hatch, they swap between them no issue. Only thing going to ST seats is that you'll have a little black panel on the side of the seats against the wheel arch which hides the latch, which has an extra cable in there to operate the backrest releases on the boot side panels. This has no effect whatsoever on the fitting or use of the seats

Attachments

• 20230625_112936.jpg
    20230625_112936.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 20230625_112949.jpg
    20230625_112949.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 55

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Absolutely yes. I've replaced both front and rear seats in my ST with half leather/half alcantara from a hatch, they swap between them no issue. Only thing going to ST seats is that you'll have a little black panel on the side of the seats against the wheel arch which hides the latch, which has an extra cable in there to operate the backrest releases on the boot side panels. This has no effect whatsoever on the fitting or use of the seats
Would hatch seats fit and work as normal on an ST?

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
They are a direct fit, but are missing the side panel which has the latch for the remote folding via the boot levers. So you'll to fold them down from the lever on the backrest as you would in a hatch. I'm running Mk8 golf hatch rear bench in my ST.

Attachments

• kIwDe83 (1).jpeg
    kIwDe83 (1).jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
Reactions: Mo_86

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
?????
Read the post you've just quoted.....

You've just quoted my post, and asked the very question answered in full in that post......yes the hatch seats fit the ST no issue, except the little side panels used for the seat back releases in the boot space on the ST are not fitted to the hatch seats (since writing the quoted post I have swapped over the latches so those boot mounted latches are now working)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.