Haynes manual?

Sep 23, 2023
Hi all

New here. I'm very much a layman when it comes to mechanics, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a good manual for the mk1 Seat Leon? I've looked on the Haynes website but can't find one. My 2001 Leon is getting a bit old now and I would like to take better care of it but don't really know how!

Thanks.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Closest one you’ll find is VW Golf mk4
676c906c63557b5ba59ccfb23bf02e96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe check “easymanuals.co.uk”, I’ve bought from them in the past for my 2011 Audi S4 and my wife’s 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI.
What they tend to sell is a copy of what is the official, for non VW Group workshops resource from VW Group.

Edit:- which is from erWin but without you needing to do the work of finding it!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
In this day and age you can probably find more out by watching a YouTube video. And if there isn't a Leon one for what you need, they'll usually be one for the Golf, Audi TT, Audi S3 or Skoda Octavia that also applies.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
In this day and age you can probably find more out by watching a YouTube video. And if there isn't a Leon one for what you need, they'll usually be one for the Golf, Audi TT, Audi S3 or Skoda Octavia that also applies.
YouTube is okay if you are lucky, and only then, for instance, I blundered on a YouTube video covering the oil change of a newish, maybe 2019/2020, SEAT Leon Cupra - just reuse the plastic drain plug and the tightening torque for the oil filter casing is 2.5Nm "and I just hand tighten it and then a bit"!

Well, for what the plastic sump plugs cost, £5.75 from VW Group dealership parts department, I'd just use a new one when changing the oil, oh, and the oil filter element casing torque is 25Nm - which is a lot more than the 2.5Nm suggested on that video.

Just tread carefully when you don't know much - but YouTube is your technical resource!