Heated Front Screen

glangri2

Jan 10, 2009
St Albans
Was the Mk1 Leon ever available with a heated front screen?

I've had a bit of a search around, and not managed to find a definitive answer. :confused:

My screen on mt '04 LCR is peppered with smal chips, and has got a couple of large ish stone chips, it got through its MoT, but I still want to get it replaced because the chips effect visibility when the sun is low in the sky .......... i.e. driving to work at this time of year.

If the Leon was available with a heated screen, then I will see what is involved in getting the original one replaced with a heated one.

Cheers
Gary

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I'm 99% sure it wasn't available, in the UK at least. Maybe some european models had one, such as the 4x4s etc that might have been more geared towards the scandanavian market. I'm sure there's someone on here from Norway who can shed some light on that one.

I thought I read somewhere that Ford held the rights to the 'invisible' heating element technology hense why you only get them in Ford group cars. It's the one thing I miss from my old Mondeo!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
only ever listed a standard one and rain sensor type never a heated one genuine wise

thats not to say you couldnt get a custom one made if you really wanted to spend that much on one ?

glangri2

Jan 10, 2009
St Albans
Heated Screen

I thought I read somewhere that Ford held the rights to the 'invisible' heating element technology hense why you only get them in Ford group cars. It's the one thing I miss from my old Mondeo!

That could explain why there is one on my wife's Alhambra, seeing as the Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra are all the same vehicle at heart.

A heated screen is one of those things that once you've had one, you really miss it when it is gone.

Just like I could never have a car without A/C.

Thanks for the input guys.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise