Hello and HELP!

daffay

Aug 30, 2017
Hi everyone, just introducing myself as a newbie here. My names Ati and have recently become an owner of a seat ibiza 1.9tdi FR 2006. Although it was difficult to see my toyota avensis go (reliable workhorse). I fancied something a little more 'age appropriate' being 26.

Love the new motor though, very nippy and economical!

I have however found that my car gets no heat in the cabin. Long story short the heater matrix was bypassed!! Livid to say the least, however, I feel all hope is not lost because the coolant doesn't seem to flood the foot wells. Instead I can see the water dripping from where the two metal pipes for the heater matrix enter through the back wall. This leads me to believe that it may be the metal pipe itself that's cracked or perhaps the o-ring seal.

I came across a post where a member 'Guiness' said he knows someone who was at seat at the time of the post from the NE area. I was hoping I could be in touch as I travel there regularly and just hope it's not the heater itself that's leaking.

As they say in Game of Thrones "winters coming" and it would be nice to have some heat in the cabin and be able to clear my windscreen.

I will say I'm not the best at taking things apart etc. the seals are 53p from SEAT and the metal twin pipe £83.

If anyone has any experience or knows anyone who can get to the heater matrix easier please let me know!

Cheers.

m4nny

Sep 30, 2017
UK
Welcome to the forum.

You should try using the search facility to see if others have had this Problem.

Enjoy the car :)