Help! My driver side wing mirror wont fold.

Jan 22, 2022
Hi guys,i cant seem to find a fix to this problem so any help would be welcome.My car is seat leon mk2-2006.Recently i got my driver wing mirror hit by a car so i decided to change it.I bought an exactly same new one and changed it.When i try to fold my mirrors now the driver mirror wont fold only the passenger mirror folds,and also when i unfold them it takes a long time for the passenger mirror to unfold,this was not happening before!
Thanks,ivan

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Not sure if this is of any help as I have a Mk1, but I have the same problem.
I changed the passenger side mirror for one supposedly of a Cupra R with the electric fold function.
Once fitted, I turned the knob to fold them in and same thing only the drivers one folded. Everything else works fine, the adjustment etc it just won’t fold.
Unplugged the connection and there’s a wire missing from the mirror which must be the fold function.
The mirror must be from a lower spec car without the fold function.
Not sure if all mk2’s have electric fold mirrors or not but worth checking you’ve got the same amount of wires on both connectors.
I still need a good replacement from a Cupra R but for now just left the other one on and push it in manually if I need to fold it.

WobbleFR

Sep 1, 2018
Try spraying a lubricant like SAS or WD40 on the bits that slide when they fold then make them fold and unfold a few times to lubricate everything, i have to do it once a year or so because im too lazy to take the mirrors off and grease them.

Redahead74

Mar 25, 2022
Midlands
Try opening a window and then closing it. Once closed press it up again until electric click is heard. Repeat with all windows

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise