Help! Remote key not coding!

ntrueman

Jul 17, 2007
Hi all,

Just been into the local dealers and got hold of a remote fob, I didnt bother with the key attachment piece as I would have had to wait 4 weeks apparently and pay an extra £50!

I've just got home and tried to code it to the car and I get no response at all!

I have followed the guide i found written by Fl@pper but still no luck!

What am I doing wrong? Here is what I have been doing step by step:

1. Put non remote key (with transponder chip) in ignition.
2. Turn the ignition on to the red lights, then off and pull key out immediately.
3. Hold down the lock key on the key fob and press the other 3 times with a slight pause.
4. Release all buttons on remote fob.

This is as far as I get, the LED does not flash and the doors do not try to lock/ unlock!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ntrueman

Jul 17, 2007
Yes, I checked I had remote C/L before I started!

Anyway Crisis over now, Just opened up the key to find a plastic cover over the battery! Took it off and it coded first time!

chipmunk82

MK3 Ibiza Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Stroud
My central locking doesnt work either, it does from the key just the remote doesnt work?
I did the above and the doors locked/unlocked but it doesnt hold the code as putting it back in for 5 seconds does nothing and the buttons still dont work afterwards.
Was hoping to fix this as my locks froze up this morning and could do with keyless entry!
New transponder?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
new battery might be the needed chipmunk

when taking apart make sure the chip does not fall out the top part (the bit attached to the blade) then when battery is changed, try again :)

chipmunk82

MK3 Ibiza Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Stroud
Cheers suj, I'll try that, but surely it wouldnt do it halfway as in it will lock and unlock but just doesnt hold the code?
Out of interest how much is a new transponder if it is that? Are there any other things to try first

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise