Help wanted! boost leak/chatter

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Can any one help me with the problem with my LCR. It started last week when driving back to northern ireland. The car felt slow and when putting my foot down in 5th and 6th the turbo would spool up but there was no boost and a very loud whistling like a boost leak. Had a look at all the hoses then next day and couldnt find any splits or leaks. Now it seems to only boost now and again and to day i had one off turbo chatter, not had it before and its not done it since. Can any one shed some like on a problem please?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Why a blue spring?

Standard is geen uprated is yellow for a 1.8T leon?

Chatter sounds like wastegate chatter from valve not opening.........dodgy valve could also cause leak.

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
im not realy that sure tho? some on here said use yellow, some said blue and some said they still use the green???

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
im not realy that sure tho? some on here said use yellow, some said blue and some said they still use the green???

I've read most use standard green and yellow but I've not read of anyone running a blue to be honest......not saying they don't just most threads say green or yellow :)

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I had a similar problem with mine a few months ago.

It turned out to be a split in the vac hose to the DV. The split was underneath the jubilee clip so was quite hard to spot.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise