HID Kit from 2011 FAILING MOT

007JRB

007JRB - APPLE TOG
Hi guys,

Ive just had an MOT fail due to Kick up not is visible on screen nearside and far side (1.8.B1)
I've had no issues with this kit for over 6 years and Im wondering why this has suddenly become an issue? I know there was a new law passed in March 2016 but I don't really understand what it means when it says "Kick up" not visible on screen?

What the hell do I do now? Do I have to change my entire headlights due to this new law?

Shucks Im giving up on these cars..... fast!

Kind Regards

James

Link https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/the-mot-headlamp-aim-test-is-changing/

CAR 03/Cupra R (AMK) Stage 1 Remap
HID KIT

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Dependant on the garages will depend on if it'll pass or not.

I have HID's in mine but will be changing out to standard lamps come MOT time.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
My HID's have passed for 6 years including this year on various cars. Why give up on cars , you knew they were illegal and you got caught out so stop whining haha.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Simply put your beam pattern is not correct. I don't think the law has change in terms of beam pattern this year, more likely you have a savvy MOT tester who knew to properly check the beam pattern as many don't bother.

Your choices are chance another MOT elsewhere, or disconnect the HID kit and fit standard Halogen bulbs in to your headlights to get it through an MOT

If it were genuine Xenon headlights the beam pattern would be correct and it would have passed.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.