High pitched whistle from new GTB2260VKLR turbo

Leonpd150

Oct 20, 2021
Hey,

I need some help. I have recently instaled a GTB2260VKLR turbo on my 1.9 TDI ARL PD150 Seat Leon MK1 . Since then I have noticed a really loud whistle from the turbo on spool it only starts at about 3000rmp and 2.0 bars of boost. I have airtec intercooler with 60mm pipework and firad 120% nozzles . The car is pulling great spool is quick but there is this loud whistle that annoys me. I have check and replaced all vacuum lines and tested the N75 valve witch seams to be fine i cant hear it clicking but wastegate arm is moving to its limit. Only thing I did wrong during this modifications is I put an 2.5" downpipe instead of 3" downpipe. Current tune is 2.6bar and around 90mg/str in driver wish at WOT. Max duration is about 28.5deg and SOI at 25.8deg

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
record the sound and post it, just hope its not the turbo thrust bearings, my standard turbo was replaced a while ago but seat also sent an updated oil feed pipe tobe fitted with it from what i remember the inner diameter was larger if that helps

Last edited:

Leonpd150

Oct 20, 2021
SOLVED.

badly assembled turbo, the turbo whistles just before it starts to surge. I have bought this turbo from someone i wont name because i dont want to damage his reputation he will send me new turbo for free next week and that should be it.

keep you posted

Reactions: mty12345 and Rich.T

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Surge is due to aerodynamics. Too much pressure, too little airflow.
The blades of the turbo are stalling.
Good luck with your replacement.

Leonpd150

Oct 20, 2021
New turbo didnt solve the issue I dont know what to do next . Pull head and see if anything is wrong with it?