Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDI - Losing power when accelerating and loud turbo whistle

Apr 12, 2023
Hi Everyone,

First time ever posting one of these so hoping their is someone out there who can help!!

I am at my wits end, I am trying to sell and unfortunately being held back because of this problem.

I had a put a new turbo in it Nov 2021 so I don't believe the turbo is gone completely as this boosting problem seems to come and go although it happens 95% of the time.

When I accelerate it just chugs and you can hear a loud whistle which doesn't sound right.

If anyone else has had this problem can you please give me some sort of clarification as to what you done to get it sorted

Many thanks :)

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Hi and welcome, I had a similar problem on a 2006 Mercedes CLK a few years back. It turned out to be the inlet rubber hose had a big split in it. Chugging and lack of power. Took me a while to find as the split was on the underside. That would be the first place I'd look on yours.

Apr 12, 2023
Hi and welcome, I had a similar problem on a 2006 Mercedes CLK a few years back. It turned out to be the inlet rubber hose had a big split in it. Chugging and lack of power. Took me a while to find as the split was on the underside. That would be the first place I'd look on yours.
Hi, Thank you for your reply. Yes that has been checked and no such split or anything wrong with that. I had a Leon 1.9 MK2 and when this happened to that car it just went into limp mode and wouldn't drive at all... so I'm assuming if it was away in my current car it would do the same. No fault codes or anything showing on the Diagnostic machine. ahhhhh nightmare....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.