Hole in my miltek exhaust and i cant find the receipt :(

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Have just had my car in the air to find the reason for the horrible exhaust noise is a 1p sized hole in the rear middle box of my miltek exhaust system :cry:

Now i know they offer a lifetime guarantee with the exhaust so rushed home to check the service history i got with the car as the exhaust was already on it.

Anyway i went through all the papers twice and cant find the receipt. Im actually pretty sure now that i didnt get it with the car :(

So guess im gonna be forking out on a new exhaust :shrug: Does anyone know much about the scorpion systems ? Would these fit onto a miltek downipipe and cat ? I love the look and the sound of the big round tailpipe :)

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
Worth trying before you shell out for a new exhaust, also ask to see if there are any terms and conditions involved.....by the way nice car.

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
he he thankyou :D

Have just had a quick look on the milltek website and its not looking good :cry:

"Q. Is my exhaust system covered by a guarantee or warranty?
A. As long as you are the original purchaser of the exhaust system, you are covered by a lifetime anti-corrosion and manufacturing defect warranty. We do not cover against any modifications made to our product after it has left our factory and also not for unusual use of the parts - for example, the use of Nitrous Oxide (NOS), damage caused by going over a speed bump too fast etc. We pride ourselves on our after-sales support and customer service and will look into each case on an individual basis. "

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
surely a bit of metal welded in place/overtop will do the job!

if anything is going to happen inside the box then it will be the baffles i would imagine... either way IF there was a problem further down the line, then just change the rear box then!

my 2p worth! ;) :p

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Welding to stainless can be a problem without the right equipment. Plating it would be the best option as mentioned but only if its done right. And the heat can burn the baffles etc which is not good! Try it and if it doesn't work at least you have tried!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members