Honeycomb Grill (Not The Insert)

itsmefishy

Jul 23, 2009
Nottingham
Anyone know where i can get a honeycomb grill from? ive already got the insert that sits behind the standard grill.

cheers chaps, nikki

yorkie1

got mine from David @ SERE very happful got the grill next day looks good on

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Are there any pics of this grill

heres a pic of the main mans..

main.php

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Fitted my Linea R grill today (30 mins taking the old one off - helps when you try to release the correct side clips...:doh:...and agree with the comments on the 'fitting' FAQ that you need to pull the grill with more force than you'd like to and it will unclip when you get it right..)

BTW..big thanks to Dave at Sere for sending so fast, and couldn't beat his price of £65 delivered..:clap:

Chuffed with the difference it makes from the standard slats and think the brushed chrome works well with the silver mirror caps on the FR, especially on Black, the fastest colour...:whistle:

Cameradownload140210132.jpg

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Thanks fishy...yeah really pleased with how it looks and I'm sure you will be when you get yours fitted...which could take anywhere between 5 mins to an hour depending if you suss the side clips first time...I took a frustration break for 5 mins to avoid snapping something [:@] then realised I was trying to release the wrong clips...:lol:

It might be the most expensive grill option (maybe apart from a top of the range George Foreman..:whistle:..) but looks quality once its on and matches the car better than slats imo...

terrymcg

Apr 27, 2007
Grill looks awesome mate!

If it will help anyone I have lifted the official guide, maybe it might make it easier for someone. Although I am not too sure as I have not tried to remove mine yet.

Anyway, here it is:

Removing
– Open the front bonnet and hold open with the bonnet rod.
To remove the expanding rivets -1- proceed as follows

E63-10088.png

– Insert lever -U 30800- in the space ready in the central piston of the clip and move the piston upwards and extract the expanding rivets -1-.
– Insert a fine plastic spatula between the bumper trim and the upper grille -2- in the area marked in red -3-.
– Place the lever -U 30800- below level -a- = 22 mm.

NoteInsert the lever -U 30800- sufficiently to make enough space between the plastic spatula and the upper grille -2-, to permit a flat screwdriver to be inserted.
– Insert a flat screwdriver -4- into the area of level -a- = 22 mm.
– Use the flat screwdriver -4- to lever in the direction of the -arrow-, release the clip -5- from its fastening -6-.
– Remove the upper grille -2- on one side and repeat procedure to remove the other side.

– Apply pressure to the lower part of the grille -1- in the direction of the -arrows- to release the clips -2- from their fastening -3- to the bumper trim.

E63-10089.png

Then remove the grill!

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
That's a handy guide Terry, and wished I'd seen that before swapping mine...
The key is definitely the side clips but Dave from Sere also gave me a tip - with your knee put some pressure on the bumper below the grill and above the number plate, which seemed to help release it...good luck with yours...

Like the all-black grill on yours Sean - is that another option or a standard Linea one painted black..?

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
That's a handy guide Terry, and wished I'd seen that before swapping mine...
The key is definitely the side clips but Dave from Sere also gave me a tip - with your knee put some pressure on the bumper below the grill and above the number plate, which seemed to help release it...good luck with yours...

Like the all-black grill on yours Sean - is that another option or a standard Linea one painted black..?

Standard one painted black ;)