How to find factory OEM tires?

May 10, 2023
Where do you find information about the tires that came with the car from the factory? I can't find any info on 7zap or any parts catalogue for my car.

I'm thinking of purchasing a new pair of tires and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to buy the tires that came with the car from the factory, they're often recommended by the carmaker as they've been validated and tested in terms of handling, fuel economy, rolling resistance and other stuff that is essential for the car.

Any ideas?

For reference:
I have a 2004 MK3 Seat ibiza (6L) with a 1,4 petrol engine producing 75HP (engine code BBY) and a five speed manual gear box. The alloys on the car are 15 inches with the following specs "6J x 15 H2 ET43 5/100" and the alloys have the part number 6L0601025G, they appear to be factory wheels. The tires fitted to it currently are Pirelli P1 Cinturato (195/55 R15 85V), the tires are OK but they were quite worn when I bought the car so I'm wondering if there are better alternative in terms of noise, rolling resistance etc...

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Tyre technology has moved on a lot in 19 years since your car was made - and even longer than that when its tyres where homologated for the 6L Ibiza.
Stick to decent brand tyres and you can't go wrong.
The all season tyres are really good now from Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli and Conti etc..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.