IBIZA 1.9 TDI dualmass or single flywheel?

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Sorry. Posted it long time ago, cannot find it tho.
So there is a question.
Flywheel on ibiza 1.9 tdi Single or dual???
IS single very bad???
Thanks

Dec 3, 2009
I think you can get single mass conversions, I think they make it better?

hha don't quote me! read it on another thread about this!

130 ibiza

I've heard that a single/solid flywheel will be more snappy on the gear changes rather than smooth...... (Don't quote me on this as its only what i've heard):shrug:

knackerdecobre

Dual mass is standard, single mass is usually used for when you have more than just a map, ie hybrid turbo, they are stronger and won't shake themselves to bits like the dual mass do

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Dual mass is standard, single mass is usually used for when you have more than just a map, ie hybrid turbo, they are stronger and won't shake themselves to bits like the dual mass do

Thats is the reason why i need to replace flywheel now. It shakes, specially when you downhill on handbrake. Half of the time its ok tho.

130 ibiza

Is'nt a single mass cheaper than the dual??? (maybe a daft question..):blink:

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
There was a thread a short while ago about single mass flywheels and the terrible noise they make on tickover. It contained a Youtube clip to prove it, sounded really bad.

Mine has shuddered and shook on tickover from new and its worse with the aircon off its the one thing a dont like about the car. :cry:

Edit.

Sorry ive just checked back and it was your own thread i was thinking of. DOH

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254442

Last edited:

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
There was a thread a short while ago about single mass flywheels and the terrible noise they make on tickover. It contained a Youtube clip to prove it, sounded really bad.

Mine has shuddered and shook on tickover from new and its worse with the aircon off its the one thing a dont like about the car. :cry:

Edit.

Sorry ive just checked back and it was your own thread i was thinking of. DOH

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254442

Yeah. Mine. I was looking for it:)
have u got a single flywheel btw??

Last edited:
May 22, 2009
South Wales
i have a dual mass flywheel for sale if anyone needs one! i changed mine with my clutch but there wasnt anything wrong with the one i took off!

single mass flywheels are loud! but i find that my gearbox and clutch (dual mfw) seem to shake the whole car when my hybrid turbo is @ max boost - i am assuming it is the torque kicking in!

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
I have a SMF and Sachs clutch. It isnt as noisey as people make out at all. Before i fitted it i saw the video clip of a golf with one and it sounded terrible! but after speaking to a few tuning companys and other people with them fitted i decided to get it anyway and its great. The way i see it is, i drive a TDI so its never gonna sound like a petrol anyway. If you dont like the noise just get an exhaust without silencers ;)

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
i have a dual mass flywheel for sale if anyone needs one! i changed mine with my clutch but there wasnt anything wrong with the one i took off!

single mass flywheels are loud! but i find that my gearbox and clutch (dual mfw) seem to shake the whole car when my hybrid turbo is @ max boost - i am assuming it is the torque kicking in!

how much for that ? What a conditio?n

andypandypoos

Rodeo Monkey
Feb 14, 2009
Cowley, Oxford
Did you see the clip?! How embarrassing driving with that noise I bet everyone goes over to the guy saying mate your car sound broken!

I think the OP of this thread needs to try the search it was only on here a week or so ago

it's louder than normal but an SMF really isn't as loud as people seem to make out, and even then it's pretty much only when you're stationary with your foot off the clutch

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.