ibiza 1.9 tdi on board computer???

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
Hi my parents are just to about to buy a ibiza for themselves its the 1.9tdi 100 bhp version,08 plate,when they test drove it my father asked if it had the trip computer and the salesman said it does,but didnt show them it,i told my father it should be on the wiper stalk at the very end but he said there definatly wasnt any buttons there i showed him mine on my leon and said it should be the same but he said there was nothing there,
he did say there were a few buttons on the steering wheel,could it be on there or should it be on the stalk?
there have put a deposit down and are picking it up Saturday but they really wanted this on board computer,
can someone confirm where it should be!
Thanks

james12

Apr 10, 2008
ive had 3 ibizas first one had no on board computer, my fr ive got now has it and its on the windscreen wiper stalk which goes up and down to flick through the dashboard display

my guess is if its not there it hasnt got one.....

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
The computer buttons will be on the end of the stalk if its got one. The buttons on the wheel are for the radio. If the salesman said its got one, and it hasnt, get them to fit one for you! or give you money off as its false advertising

Tricky Red

Jan 16, 2007
I am sure that the Sport does not have the full on board computer. Just basic functions IIRC.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
not got one on my motor.

got a button on end of stalk, to tell me time,av mpg, temp outside, mileage re fuel in tank.

bet salesman means this.

hope this helps.

ANDY.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Whats the difference between the full computer and the cut down version? I have a 52 plate sport which has;

temp
clock
milage left of fuel
avg speed (x2)
avg fuel consumption (x2)
instantanious consumption
Time you have been driving (x2)

Is this the full computer then? I assumed it was, but I didnt know there were two versions.

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
yeah whats the 2 versions guys?the both still have to have the stalk though rite?
my father was pretty sure it didnt have it

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure there's only one version. It has has clock, time driving, instant MPG, average MPG, trip distance, range, average speed and outside temp.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
My motor has not got cruise control.

Cruise control and the trip computer are completely different things. CC comes as an option, pat of Conveniance Pack and standard on Sportrider/Freerider. The trip computer comes as standard on everything above the basic Stylance, SX etc. Ibizas and isn't available as an option.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.