Ibiza Bonnet weight - Anyone know

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey folks,

Does anyone know how the bonnet weight of a mk4 ibiza cupra?

As a complete unit, with all soundproofing etc. An approximate figure would be fine.

Also - am I right in assuming the bonnet is smaller than a Leon?

Thanks

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Bump - ANYONE know roughly what a car bonnet weighs? Goggle doesnt turn up many helpful pages, other than people asking the same thing.

ANY bonnet that is roughly same size/weight of ibiza would help.
Thx!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thanks mate. Will see if i can get confirmation, but i think I'll work on that assumption rather than 25kg.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yea, i'm having probs with it to mate... MSN is realy shite. Yahoo messenger is much more stable for me.

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
I'd take the bonnet off and weigh it if ya wanna be exact. it don't take much to get em off. The leon bonnet is bigger as is the golf. I've been looking into carbon bonnets too but over a year since this post i can't find one. You can have them made. I might just forget the bonnet and have a roof wrap then leave it at that.

Russ_tdi

Mar 8, 2006
There are no carbon bonnets out there for the 6l as yet.

I have talked to a lot of places about making one and for a one off you are looking at £2000 to £3000

Performance trim would be willing to take on the development cost if i could get 10 or more people together. The price for each unit then would work out around the £500 mark

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members