ICE advice please!

sneck_leonfr

Hopefully someone will be able to answer this for me....
I am looking at fitting a new Kenwood HU to my Leon and when I go through the purchasing part of the website, it asks you to check if it 'will fir my car'.

When I select the Leon on the popup screen that follows, it tells me I require the following to be able to install the HU in my car -

Harness Adaptor PC2-69-4
Antenna Adaptors PC5-52 Signal Separation Filter ISO - ISO

The question is, do I really need these two things to fit the HU?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
The harness adaptor is useful if you just want to 'plug and play'. Gone are the days where each wire has to be connected individually. I found it very useful when fitting a radio to my girlfriends car, and it can be put back to standard very easily.

The antenna adaptor might just be a different presentation, for example on mine it is a 'button' type fitting whereas standard antenna sockets are 1 inch deep connectors.

I don't know about the signal seperation filter, is that something to do with the amplified aerial that SEAT's use?

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
ignore the pc2-69-4 as your kenwood has the ability to swap the red and yellow (thats all that lead does)

the booster is required to send a 12v signal down the aerial in order to keep radio reception,if your not bothered about radio,dont get it

sneck_leonfr

Thanks for the advice.
With regards to the radio antenna booster, do you know if I will definitely need this to ensure that I get a decent radio reception?
I don't really want to lose my radio as it is handy for listening to football etc.

Cheers in advance.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
if you have changed to a tiny one (c2 style) then most find it gets a bit worse even with the booster,standard aerial is fine though

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.