*IMPORTANT* A decline in forum conduct that needs addressing!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I am glad this is being reiterated. When I bought the Audi (after our 5 SEAT's), I almost felt that if I stayed and hung around on SCN, people would assume it was so I could gloat or 'dickswing', so I went and hovered in a few Audi forums to see what the vibe was like. It won't surprise anyone to know why I came back here. I'm a pretty ordinary guy, and the slightly elitist nature of some of the prestige marque forums wasn't for me.

This forum is far less cliquey than some, people have a fantastic range of skills and abilities to share, and interestingly there seem to be quite a few ex-SEAT folk who keep their eye in here rather than vanish off somewhere else which speaks volumes. Although I'm ex-SEAT my cars still a Leon in drag, so I keep a close eye on the Leon Mk2 section.

I'm all for the structured, and well governed approach to retain standards. Give someone an avatar and a pseudonym and it's amazing how quickly peoples behaviour degenerates. Keeps the forum in good nick too, and having read thi,s thread I need to remember to wash my mouth out occasionally!

Thanks to the mods for all they do to keep it working, and in check.

Out of interest Z, do you guys still keep forum stats like you used to publish in the past. Wondered what 2008 was like compared to previous years for threads / posts / users etc...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I can tell you forum stats, probably later though as I'm at work and they take time to call up. We have some monitoring stats with Google too that measure our pageviews etc.

The forum hasn't really seen much of a dip in average usage, the number of sign-ups tends to increase year on year.

I'll post some more accurate info later if anyone is interested.

Though to be fair I think that can be half the trouble, lots of users increase the number who have a clash of personalities.

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Ex Seat here too,and to be honest this is the best of the forums that I am a member of-everyone always clubs together for other folks in time of crises,always plenty of advice on any number of topics(not just Seat related)and the banter is always fun.
A wee refresher of rules and standards of expected behaviour(as previously mentioned)does no-one any harm.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No don't worry about it, don't mind. Got my feet up most evenings at the moment anyway, so I'll have a butchers tonight. Been a while since I've inspected it myself. :)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Good job we have some patience then isn't it ;) Rather than using the forum like the spanish inquisition.

... cue Monty Python!

Am I too late?

SpanishOrig3.jpg

Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency............

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
And once again, I'm back on the thread - We've taken a different tact today & from now on.

We have zero tolerance, and are exercising the fullest moderation methods now without warning as we see fit.

The reasons for this are clear to anyone who's been watching - we want SCN to be about the SEAT brand. We feel that we need to take severe & drastic action to get this forum back on track.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I have noticed a decline in alot of people's attitude lately. I feel like too many people are treating the forum too much like facebook and the like.

I completly understand the resons why the team have decided you's have had to act in this manner and get my full backing.

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Don't really know what else to say but to echo Damoegan's sentiments-full backing all the way,this forum has been good to me during some bad times,and found lots of good info and had some great banter.Don't know what's been happening with regard to a lot of threads and don't really want to know any more.Sure it's been dealt with appropriately by the mods and admin,and let's just leave it at that.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I would have to agree, its getting a little out of hand in certain areas with thread spamming becoming way too common. A little joke and a side step is fine but when it takes pages of a thread up it needs some control.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
We have a collection of fans on Facebook so I'm lead to believe. I'm touched....really I am :)

Bitch away guys and girls, because were just getting on with it regardless as always. If you want to hold a grudge that's fine by me, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Any time you want to act like sensible grown adults though, just drop me a line.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I'm 100% behind the admins/mods

SCN doesn't need childish people, using the forum to bitch at people or get "e-humped" (i still think that is a great phrase)

Coming to SCN, I have made new friends, had some great laughs, and found the answers to a few car problems. I thought that is what this forum was about, it would seem a minority of others think differently

Admins and Mods, do what you have to do to keep SCN as the No1 SEAT forum, most of us will always support you, those that don't, are probably the very same childish, bitching, e-humpers

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
agreed - the only people that are going to take offence to this new line are the people that abuse the system in the first place.

Mods/Admins work hard to keep this site going and dont need people making it harder. If this means that they have to take a hard line then so be it.

Stroppy

Blah Blah Blah
May 18, 2008
Tadley, Hampshire
Zero tolerance...then i guess i was lucky gettin an infraction point and a warning.
I can understand the rules, i am not stupid but can i ask how can something thats said on a different site be a contradiction to the rules on this forum? Or maybe i am stupid as i cant see how it can be justified. Am i allowed to ask this or am i now gonna get banned too?
:shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.