indicator problem

milli

Sep 12, 2008
west midlands
Right lately when i indicate left its flashing quicker then normal which means a buld has gone, but then after a bit it will be fine. But today it started to flash quick and now its staying like it, had a quick look at the buld as it the front one and the fillament seems ok, but how on earth do you get to the back of the lights???

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
put yours indicators on and see which one isn't flashing. If it is the front you need to look at the back of the light and you will see a white bulb holder for the indicator bulb. Turn this 90degrees and it should pull straight out, you may want to unplug the electrical connection to this bulb holder to allow you to remove it from the car to change the bulb. hope that helps :)

edit: just a thought, my bro's cupra used to do this too; it was just a dodgey connection in the bulb holder. clean the connections and bend them slightly more towards the bulb to insure good contact

milli

Sep 12, 2008
west midlands
only had a quick look as it was pretty dark, but seems do be a lot of plastic behind the light, do i have to take any of this off?? will have another look tomorrow though

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
if it is the drivers side you should be ok, if it is the passenger side there are a few bits of plastic that need removing, 4 screws only from memory though - but even then it is tight!

milli

Sep 12, 2008
west midlands
yes it is the passenger side, i thought it may of been the for screws that are on the top to take it off, any pics??

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
yep, those 4 screws and then the plastic slides upwards:
DSC00138-1.jpg

(the plastic covers were not on mine when i took this photo)

milli

Sep 12, 2008
west midlands
i have quickly took the plastic parts off, but i dont find any way of getting my hand in there to change the buld, will try and take some pics in a bit as its freezing out there

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise