Indicator staying on

squareballs

Occasionally when I park and lock my Toledo (02 TDI) the passenger indicators stay illuminated. A simple click of the central locking switches it off again. Can anyone help? What can be causing this, I have been caugh out with this fault a few times as I have parked, went to work only to return to a flat battery!:cry: It happens about once a week. Please help!

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
When you park up, is the indicator still in the on position (up or down)? If so then it's your parking lights.

Sorry for the response, but some people don't realise these cars have the parking lights feature.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
As above, you are parking with the indicator stalk up or down. Make sure it's centered before you leave the car.

squareballs

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately no, its not the parking light! It happens when the indicator is off and I lock the car.

squareballs

Thank you! I done the battery disconnect reset a few weeks ago now and hasn't happened since so really looks like its gone for good! Very cheap solution!

Strange thing is, since I done that, the car seems to be driving much better also, more power and easier on diesel!:D

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Thank you! I done the battery disconnect reset a few weeks ago now and hasn't happened since so really looks like its gone for good! Very cheap solution!

Strange thing is, since I done that, the car seems to be driving much better also, more power and easier on diesel!:D

That battery disconnect would have reset a whole load of settings, and most new cars have a facility to 'learn'. There is a hypocryphal story that says that if you disconnect and reconnect the battery, then drive like you stole it, the computer thinks you're an 'enthusiastic' driver, and sets the engine up to suit. I'm not sure it goes to that much trouble, but hey, if a reboot can clear a PC's memory and make it run better, why not a car computer?!