Induction kit

Mark123

Hey, just got a cupra 1.8 20v turbo 04 reg and looking for a nice induction kit...

any tips and bits to go with it??

thanks people

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark123

yea that does sound good, is there anything i may as well get now with it? can u tell this is the first car im doing up :p:p am enjoying it though :)

thanks for your help

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi mate welcome to the forum :). There are a few about and the carbonio one above is a good performing and smart bit of kit. Ive got a jabbasport one on my 04 plate cupra. Its got a stainless steel box section to keep the hot engine air away from it and think it looks smart in the engine bay. Mine was off a golf so had to do a little bit of modding to fit it (cut about an inch off the top with a grinder) but much improved throttle response and nice noise (not to much) of it. Il post a pic later. I was lucky and only paid £100 for it only a month old but suppose it depends on how much u want to spend. If not to bothered about looks and happy to keep the standard airbox then replacing the panel filter will give you pretty much the same results for a lot less. Quite a few swear by them on her mate.

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Mmm
As has been said , they do fit the Golf 4 too
The 180bhp AUQ engine , is the same in an Octavia vRS and the Golf 4 Anni , so most parts swap over
A bit more help there ;)
The Forge 007P DV may be a good upgrade too , wont give any extra BHP , but the OEM one does fail quite alot , so that would be good with it too
I must admit , we also do the ABD LAN pipe
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13777
There is a pic
My son has this on his Golf GTi , but I think the Carbonio has a slight edge over the drooliness of the noise (not a proper word , but it should be) :lol:
Check out and see if you can drop on too , with a second hand one as they do swap over
Sarah

Mark123

Cheers m8, well the carbonio one may be the one then as youve both said its very nice, im guessing there not to bad to fit? Is there anyting i could/ would need to buy to go with this :) thanks

Mark123

Sarah that part above is that the whole inductio kit or just the pipe? sorry lol

Mark123

ahh ok thanks, but u still reckon the first one you recomended is better yea ? cheers

Mark

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi
It is a personal choice really
But yes , I love the Carbonio`s ;) they are my fav , even though my son has the ABD LAN pipe
Dont tell him though will you :headhurt:
Sarah

Mark123

haha ok i won't. right think ill order the Carbonio, probaly take a while to come to where i live on the Isle of wight lol.

Mark123

right iv orderd it Sarah how long do you think it will take to come roughly? cheers :p

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hey
We are expecting these within the next couple of days....sorry
I have only just noiced we are out of them :(
But wont be long
Then we will get it straight out for you , next day delivery via courier too
Little awkward to fit , its one of those where you can scrape skin off the back of your knuckles.....
But well worth it
I drove 37 miles back home with my son`s LAN pipe on
It was snowing too
I had the window down so I could hear it....
Wow it was fun
Sarah

Mark123

hey sarah it still aint come :(, any news on where it is ?? cheers :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.