Installing Fan washers

NikkiHell

Jul 15, 2015
I picked these up from the groovy Dave at SERE in Belfast yesterday. Took Less than 2 minutes to fit and totally worth doing if you haven't already.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Did you get heated ones? Been trying to find heated ones on eBay that won't cost £50+ for a pair...

I'm sure I posted link earlier in this thread to a website where I purchased mine. I think they were about £30 delivered.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
£15.87 new to order, mine took about two weeks IIRC.

Or they have them used for £7.10 each.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Think one of mine is playing up. Washing the car and when opened bonnet noticed screen wash under the bonnet along the rubber seal. Mainly on the drivers side.

Gave them a squirt, open bonnet and after a short time drivers side open pours out the spraying hole, other side fine.

As if a one way valve isn't doing it job?

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Came across a heated set at a scrapyard from what I think was belonging to a Passat something something around -10.
Got the right partnumber and all.
So tip of the day, go visit them! Cheap and all!

IMC

Feb 4, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
Brilliant I love this small and easy updates that at the same time improve your car and make it a bit different. This will be the first thing I update once my car arrives.
Just one question though, while reading through the thread I started wondering are the headlight washers standard or are they part of some of the packs?

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Just one question though, while reading through the thread I started wondering are the headlight washers standard or are they part of some of the packs?

Welcome to the forum! The headlight washers are part of the winter pack, which also adds the larger washer bottle with low level warning and heated washer jets. Unless it's changed from MY2015.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Think one of mine is playing up. Washing the car and when opened bonnet noticed screen wash under the bonnet along the rubber seal. Mainly on the drivers side.

Gave them a squirt, open bonnet and after a short time drivers side open pours out the spraying hole, other side fine.

As if a one way valve isn't doing it job?

Tested for this again today. Swapped the new jets side to side and get the same issue. So it's the car with the problem???

IMC

Feb 4, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
Welcome to the forum! The headlight washers are part of the winter pack, which also adds the larger washer bottle with low level warning and heated washer jets. Unless it's changed from MY2015.

Thanks Kevster, will check with the dealer if it is not too late to update my order, as the heated seats are a nice addition - the price of the package here is 250£, which seems to be fine.

However the Winter Package description says - Heated front seats and heating system for the headlight washers and windshield jets. I will ask if they were not added as standard at some point in time, just out of curiosity.

I wouldn't mind installing the winter headlight washer jets wonder how hard it can be

I guess it depends, I am not sure if the holes for the washers are already cut out on all front bumpers, I believe I have seen Leons without them. This would stop me personally as I will not be up to the task of cutting them out, there are professional who will be able to do it but it all comes down to the price.

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I wouldn't mind installing the winter headlight washer jets wonder how hard it can be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet you'd need a bumper, all the gear for the extending washer jets, and ideally the bigger washer bottle for starters... wiring is where it will get tricky!

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I tried to remove my stock washers and they wont budge. I was pulling as hard as I could and they were not coming out. Compared to how easy everyone else is saying it is to do I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. With the hood up, im pulling from the jet side while pushing the entire part towards the windscreen with my thumb. Does anyone wanna make a quick tutorial video just to show us how its done safely.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise