Installing Fan washers

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Thanks, all I was able to tick was Tech, Climate & Parking sensors so at least I will be able to have cheap washers.

Thanks

I also don't have the heated ones, so I went with the non heated as well. I must say, I am really surprised with the difference. I really recommend it.

Thank you dephead2004:cheers:.

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
Ordered a pair yesterday from a Skoda dealer £19.04 for the pair. Phone call today ready for collection. Picking up later then hopefully fit tomorrow, hope they are as easy to fit as overs have said as I have problems with my hands.

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
Fitted today, what a easy job. Set to the highest position before fitting. Spray is just over half way up the screen but once moving it does drop, at 60 it is just over a quarter up the screen. Seems to give a smoother clean than the jets. Looking at the old jets they have the SEAT logo on then and the Fan have the VW logo.

gbru

Jan 29, 2015
My 14 ST FR has winter pack and pistol version. Like everyone else my first thought upon using them was how crap they are! So thanks to the OP and everyone else who has contributed. Will get some ordered today.

G

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
Be very careful when loosening the metal retaining clips to release the pipe. It can spring off and be lost forever in the engine bay.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
For anyone who has swapped heated ones is the wiring connector simple to remove from old and replace to new! thanks.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
My 14 ST FR has winter pack and pistol version. Like everyone else my first thought upon using them was how crap they are! So thanks to the OP and everyone else who has contributed. Will get some ordered today.

G

A pleasure to contribute to the forum

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
For anyone who has swapped heated ones is the wiring connector simple to remove from old and replace to new! thanks.

Yes very simple. It is literally a 10 min job to change them over. There are photos back a few pages which show you how to disconnect the hose then the electrical connector just pulls off and pushes onto the new one. Simple!! :)

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Post 17 lol ;)

Similar number to the non heated, 986 instead of 985.

5M0 955 986 C9B9

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.