insurance as modified vehicle

redone

Nov 28, 2023
reaching out to insurance sponsors; what is the minimum i need to do to qualify for a modified policy? saw someone mention forum sticker recently. if correct, is there an external sticker requirement or such?

looking to renew as under modified policy come renewal time as such policies have been more cost effective for me in the past. thanks.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Adrian Flux and Chris Knott are good companies to speak to. I’m with Chris Knott at the moment, with my modified Leon Cupra 280.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Ditto Adrian Flux for a heavily modied car, last year was the same as the year before but fully expect this year to go up.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line,
Our modified vehicle insurance schemes have various terms regarding minimum acceptable modification. Some are happy to accept very minor changes where as other prefer highly modified vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line,
Our modified vehicle insurance schemes have various terms regarding minimum acceptable modification. Some are happy to accept very minor changes where as other prefer highly modified vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.
ok, thanks. i thought it may be that such things cannot be discussed. will try you when the time comes.

on a completely separate note, what mods do you think are best for a cupra 280?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
ok, thanks. i thought it may be that such things cannot be discussed. will try you when the time comes.

on a completely separate note, what mods do you think are best for a cupra 280?
On my Cupra 280 I have stage 1 ECU tune, APR open intake, Ramair inlet hose and turbo elbow, res delete pipe (2 res, back box and tips stock), Powerflex bushes and engine mount insert, 18 inch VW Cadiz alloys instead of 19s, painted rear bumper body colour where number plate sits, and painted engine cover.
IMG_3653.jpeg
IMG_2755.jpeg
IMG_2506.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg

Reactions: MATT RILEY