Interior bulb help !!

bree9482

Sep 11, 2013
Glasgow
Hi guys,

Looking to change our the standard bulbs in my 52 plate mk1 leon Cupra.

I have been on the search button and googles aswel, but I'm finding myself confused about the whole is it can bus it not. I even read somewhere if you put the wrong type in it could cause fire :0

So I know I need 2 x 501 leds, 1 x 42mm festoon, 1x 39mm festoon and 2x t5 led.

Can anyone tell me if I buy canbus error free or just regular ??

Also I don't want any eml so only comment if you are sure? Thanks ;))

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Hi guys,

Looking to change our the standard bulbs in my 52 plate mk1 leon Cupra.

I have been on the search button and googles aswel, but I'm finding myself confused about the whole is it can bus it not. I even read somewhere if you put the wrong type in it could cause fire :0

So I know I need 2 x 501 leds, 1 x 42mm festoon, 1x 39mm festoon and 2x t5 led.

Can anyone tell me if I buy canbus error free or just regular ??

Also I don't want any eml so only comment if you are sure? Thanks ;))

I did this recently. Don't bother with the 39mm festoon, get another 42mm.

Interior Wedges

Festoons

I didn't bother with the rear interior lights yet as they are hidden inside 3 boards - looks easy to break plus I've read you need to cut down the bulbs to fit. On the look out for spares on eBay as they're not cheap.

Good luck.

bree9482

Sep 11, 2013
Glasgow

Interior Wedges

Festoons

I didn't bother with the rear interior lights yet as they are hidden inside 3 boards - looks easy to break plus I've read you need to cut down the bulbs to fit. On the look out for spares on eBay as they're not cheap.

Good luck.

Hey mate, that's awesome !!!

I'll order 2 if the 42 mm then. You did not get any dash lights using these very same bulbs ??

Also I have not even looked at removing the bulbs yet, do u think the rears look tricky ??

Cheers mate ;)

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site

Interior Wedges

Festoons

Good luck.

I had trouble with the rear bulbs being too big but i found the perfect replacement, only problem is it took 2 weeks to come from china, ill try and find the link

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Hey mate, that's awesome !!!

I'll order 2 if the 42 mm then. You did not get any dash lights using these very same bulbs ??

Also I have not even looked at removing the bulbs yet, do u think the rears look tricky ??

Cheers mate ;)

No dash lights. Fronts are straight forward, glass pulls down from front edge - pop out old, pop in new.

Rears need pushing forward towards front of car, slide flathead screwdriver into rear as there is a metal clip and then it should all come out as one piece. When you get it out you'll see there are some boards in there... I didn't want to take the risk. I've just left my rears turned off for now.

bree9482

Sep 11, 2013
Glasgow
No dash lights. Fronts are straight forward, glass pulls down from front edge - pop out old, pop in new.

Rears need pushing forward towards front of car, slide flathead screwdriver into rear as there is a metal clip and then it should all come out as one piece. When you get it out you'll see there are some boards in there... I didn't want to take the risk. I've just left my rears turned off for now.

Really really helpful mate !!!

I appreciate it :))

Gonna order these today and attemp at the weekend. I'm also doing the fabia rear wiper conversion and fitting my new forge tip :))

Then I guess I'll need to tackle the thermostat :((

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Really really helpful mate !!!

I appreciate it :))

Gonna order these today and attemp at the weekend. I'm also doing the fabia rear wiper conversion and fitting my new forge tip :))

Then I guess I'll need to tackle the thermostat :((

I've done the Fabia mod aswell - looks so much better - and works better! I've alot of things I want todo to my car but money lacking...

I recently carbon wrapped my front interior pillars black (you need a heat gun for best results), recently fitted hids.

Wanna lower it someday, get cupra r alloys, put on spacers, TIP and so on... hopefully over the next 12 months.

bree9482

Sep 11, 2013
Glasgow
I've done the Fabia mod aswell - looks so much better - and works better! I've alot of things I want todo to my car but money lacking...

I recently carbon wrapped my front interior pillars black (you need a heat gun for best results), recently fitted hids.

Wanna lower it someday, get cupra r alloys, put on spacers, TIP and so on... hopefully over the next 12 months.

I really want hid's !!

I've just brought this car back from the dead lol

Was on coilovers and multi fit 17" alloys that were purple lolol

So far I've put all round LCR suspension, forge 007p, LCR alloys, new MAF, forge tip, S2k induction cone, new ngk plugs, new coil pack, oil and filter, new brakes on rear, and a revo map last week !!!

Been a busy 2 weeks !!

I want to start doing some small mods that don't cost a lot lol

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
I really want hid's !!

I've just brought this car back from the dead lol

Was on coilovers and multi fit 17" alloys that were purple lolol

So far I've put all round LCR suspension, forge 007p, LCR alloys, new MAF, forge tip, S2k induction cone, new ngk plugs, new coil pack, oil and filter, new brakes on rear, and a revo map last week !!!

Been a busy 2 weeks !!

I want to start doing some small mods that don't cost a lot lol

I've got smoked side repeaters lol

Leroy33

Hey guys, ive just ordered all the leds needed to switch the interior and rear number plates light to ice white LED's, ive done exactly same with the same bulbs and fitments on my 03 plate passat estate. as said before the fronts pop in and pop out, i also had the same feeling when i took out the rears as a unit and thought i would be stripping circuit boards to get at the bulb. HOWEVER... its much easier than you think.

Pop out the unit and look at the side, there is a circle with a line through it large enough for a flat head screw driver, turn it 90 degrees and the bulb pops out of that hole, that circle is holding it, remove old bulb, pop the new T5 LED in push back, turn 90 degrees back again with screwdriver and bob your uncle not stripping the unit down (fiddly job and not great connection but will work ok, just make sure it lights up first before replacing it).

Reactions: useyourname

Leroy33

By the way ive been using the cheapest poss LED's of ebay and they are great, no complaints.... the car will prob set on fire now ive said that!!!

bree9482

Sep 11, 2013
Glasgow
By the way ive been using the cheapest poss LED's of ebay and they are great, no complaints.... the car will prob set on fire now ive said that!!!

Hahahaha dont jinx it now lol !!!

I have ordered off ebay also think less than £10 for the fronts and have decided to maybe leave the rears for now

Just ordered HID's and put the fabia rear wiper on today :) Mahooosive difference !!

Got a brand new bosch batt to install but allegedly ill loose my revo settings if l disconect batt, so im gonna do HID's and batt at the same time then go back up to revo for a settings fix !!

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Hey guys, ive just ordered all the leds needed to switch the interior and rear number plates light to ice white LED's, ive done exactly same with the same bulbs and fitments on my 03 plate passat estate. as said before the fronts pop in and pop out, i also had the same feeling when i took out the rears as a unit and thought i would be stripping circuit boards to get at the bulb. HOWEVER... its much easier than you think.

Pop out the unit and look at the side, there is a circle with a line through it large enough for a flat head screw driver, turn it 90 degrees and the bulb pops out of that hole, that circle is holding it, remove old bulb, pop the new T5 LED in push back, turn 90 degrees back again with screwdriver and bob your uncle not stripping the unit down (fiddly job and not great connection but will work ok, just make sure it lights up first before replacing it).

Niiiice. I shall take a look at the weekend [B)]

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
Got those rear bulbs off ebay from post above and fitted today. They're.... pointless. They emit 0 light out of the casing - groan. oh well.

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
the t5s work just cut the plastic base back and wrap the wires round, atlho they do emit poor light being only one led they look snazzy!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise