intermittent non start

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
ive got another leon/toledo i bought to rob some parts off it for mine as it was higher spec ,
auto rain sensing wipers , rear dim mirror , double din , powerfold mirrors ect ect

when i bought the car it was a non runner , i noticed fuel pump not priming when opening the drivers door , anyways got it home opened the door and the pump primed up and the car burst in to life , happy days ,

left over night and now wont start again , when i open the door fuel pump isnt priming

removed rear bench , powered pump up - pump OK
checked feed , no 12V
checked fuse , fuse OK
removed relay 409 , have pos , neg , i can power the pump from here with my probe so loom OK ,
relay possibly faulty , so ive cleaned relay up and now when i crank it relay comes in and pump will prime , still no start .
noticed now red led on door flashing when cranking so thinking immobilized ,

now still nothing when i open the drivers door so im wondering if the door lock micro switch may be faulty ,but interior lights do come on when i open the door ,

i had vcds on it yesterday too many faults to pinpoint ,

any ideas ?

UPDATE
have got my vcds on it , once again too many faults as i have been unplugging all sorts , mainly shorts to ground on injectors . anyways cleared all faults down and car started straight away ,
will see if it will start in the morning and if not i will log the codes .

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Currently nothing is unplugged ,
I swapped the Cerberus console between the two cars as I wanted the double din from it , the donor was a non start when I bought it but if I can fix it I can sell it ,

Only dash parts have been unplugged and the fuel pump for testing ,
I'm about to go out and try it but I have my doubts

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Haven't tried yet , I'm 100% sure it's the relay ,
I cleaned it up with contact cleaner , and cleared all the fault codes and the car hasn't failed on me since , it starts every time and runs mint ,

Now to wait for the V5 and then to get it advertised and up for sale .

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.