is my turbo dying

CupraTurbo....

Hi every1, i think my car is going to die very soon so just a quick thread 2 c if any1 has had the same prob and hopefully there is a way of fixing the problem without robbing the bank lol.

Rite, the problem i got is wen i plant my foot down ocasionally nothing happens and a few miles later the engine management light comes on leavin me in a cold sweat lol. It only happens now and again but i have been disconnecting the battery and wen puttin the connector back on the battery the engine management light is off and the car boosts as normal again.

Its been happening a lot though so im wondering if the turbo is on its way out or maybe could it be the egr valve? or maybe a MAF sensor? just a thought, also i've been running the car on 95 ron unleaded could that be causing the problem?

Has any1 had this problem and were u able to fix the problem?

Thank u 4 any advice,

Ian

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
Could be a number of things, I'd get it on VAGCom as a matter of urgency. The car can run in limp mode to protect parts of the engine which gives reduced performance, doesnt necessarily mean that its turbo related. I had my temp sensor go and this makes management light come on.

Edit: maybe worth posting where you are located to see if anyone is near you with VAGCom or code reader to save u some money.

Last edited:

CupraTurbo....

cheers pal, my mate said about 3 weeks ago he'd put it on his vagcom i been nagging him ever since lol but no joy....thats mates 4 u i suppose. i'll try again if no luck i'll post on here 2 c if any1 can link it up 4 me. thanks.

Ian

smokescreen

Provided the engine's ecu is stock, I dont see how running it on unleaded 95 would create any problems. Even with a remap, it''ll just wind back the timing a little to compensate for the fuel.