Jacking Covers on Cupra skirts

BlackIce

My 2 front jacking covers on my cupra skirts wont stay on. Does anyone have any tips? It seems the previous owner superglued them on just before selling the car.

Is this just mine or has anyone else had problems with these and what did you do to sort it?

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
Have you tried really punting them to get them on. You have to whack them harder than you think you should if that makes sense. Just line everything up and punch them into place.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
my only tip is place them on then ****ing wack them with the palm of your hand either side of the cover. Did this to all mine earlier today as 2 were hanging off and now they all sit flush [B)]

andycupra

status subject to change
there must be loads of threads on this.

When putting them on, most people struggle to get the clip underneath on correctly.
This is because you push or bang it against the underside of the skirt, which in turn flexes up against the underside of the car. Therefore the cover clip cant clip inside the skirt.

What you need to do is attach the top of the jack cover into the outside of the skirt so that its 'hanging'; then get your fingers between the skirt and underside of the car and get the hanging cover in the palm of your hand and squeeze the cover up and inwards against the skirt.

This means you keep the skirt away from the underside of the car and allows it to clip in easily.

(for some you may need to use a screwdriver or something similair to allow you to get your fingers between the skirt and car)

Its 90% technique :)

Last edited:

kevinmac87

i put vaseline on all the lugs nd gave it a bit o a thump with the palm of my hand. went in no bother

BlackIce

thanks for your help chaps, I'll try the various methods suggested at work tomorrow

J0N

Defected!
I had the same problem and as mentioned above they need more of a whack to get the buggers on than you might expect. I spent about an hour and a half getting one side on, lost my rag, (as you do after an hour and a half), got the clips in place and hit the b*****d with a rubber mallet, hey presto. The other side took 30 seconds and then never, ever ever take them off again. :D

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
This subject must be the most covered on here :cry: I glued 2 of mine & another just clipped on dead easy.....just the luck of the draw me thinks [:@]

I really dont know how Women are supposed to manage & I'm not a chaevenist pig :redface:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.