Josh's Leon FR tdi. R32 interior fitted.

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
Nice car mate, I nearly had that colour aswell. Really like the sound of the mufflerectomy and it's on my list of mods. Do yo need to do anything come mot time tho? I know your bros an mot tester but I mean if he wasn't? Sure I heard that diesels don't need a cat for mot =S

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
I plan to leave the emptied out box there, when I get around to do it. Would love to hear it under load though! :)

IMG_2218.jpg

Also; is this yellow lamin-x on your headlamps? :)

Do you plan to refurb the steering wheel?
was sure I posted in here earlier, but doesn't look like it..

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers for the comments :)
My brother won't just pass anything, just maybe overlook the fact there isn't a silencer etc... Diesels have a smoke test I'm sure? So come MOT as long as it's not too smokey then it should be ok..? It doesnt smoke anymore than it did any way, For the cat, I think it's as long as they don't smoke too much either because I know they don't have an emission test, which is what the cat is for.
That was just me being bored the headlights, it's off now, no just yellow film, it's on my fogs though, as fronts don't come into the MOT.
The tip is just a cheapy thing so i don't get pulled for a piece of pipe haha, got my eyes on a 6x4 for it, just need payday! 3 and a half weeks! V5 Toledo leather messed up money last month.
Josh.
I'll get a video of me driving it and upload later, off to change a civic n/s calliper, discs and pads for a mate, YES

Last edited:

Amcm

is that just a decat u have on that? or straight thru pipe from middle to back?

love the car aswell :)

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Did a little mod on my wing indicators today, took the orange out and put chrome bulbs in.
Did buy front and rear chrome indicator bulbs but got the wrong type, cheers halfords!
This is what they look like,
IMG_2256.jpg

This is with light on, clearly visable,
IMG_2258.jpg

All I did was split the lense from the carrier, with a stanley blade and some pullage, then banged these little bits out
IMG_2259.jpg

and replaced with chrome bulbs, then glued the lense back to the carrier.
Black boot handle
IMG_2260.jpg

Mufflerectomy under load

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
No I haven't and to be honest the noise hasn't actually changed unless the window is open and you catch the wind at the right/wrong time. pipe is a reet bodge atm. gotta replace it with the other piece I've got with a welded tip and proper mounts and clamped with a clamp the right size....
Got offered a mk2 golf 1.3 today, £500 2 sets of wheels, coilies, **** paint its pink!! think I could probably get him to £400 but then thats the wheel fund for the leon, really fancy a little project though :/ 11 months test and 6 tax... what do you think? It's got a tow bar as well, which will suit me as I'm sitting my cat B+E trailer tomorrow any way, wish me luck!

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Oil and filter change, for £27 cheers then! That Golf has a hole in the door and two holes in the floor, so is a big no! My mate pulled the thread out on his 6n2 1.4tdi oil drain hole... also found out this has happened to mine as it's not normal :/ do you have to take the gearbox out to get to two bolts in the bell housing to change a sump? Paul, my mate needs to do the same now as his is fooked where can he get one from?

Last edited:

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
do you have to take the gearbox out to get to two bolts in the bell housing to change a sump?

If thats where I think it is - then no.
If you and your mate grab one wheel each, thereby turning the engine, an slot will appear to allow you to do them to last ones.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I'm liking it. Maybe except from the black badge who possibly could have been colour coded instead?

I could have, but the plan is silver and black with bits of red, got tint film coming for the lights next.

Today I split the toledo door cards from the suede bits and did the same to mine, and made 1 set out of two, so now I have all black doors (instead of ugly bluey bottom bit) and suede bits to match the seats :) Looks class imo Might do the red bit of the LCR steering wheel in alacantara colour bacause after all it isn't an LCR and I don't really know why i baught it.
Did the sump on the polo today also, cheers for the help with that.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.