Just a brake line upgrade?

HarveyGTI

anyone upgraded to braided brake hoses and done a change to dot 5.1 on the standard LC brakes (not LCR)and noticed a difference, or that is worth or justifies the £60-70 this upgrade costs?

HarveyGTI

Harv, I was pondering the idea myself, but it's a bit down the list...

Will watch with interest.

(PS - Sorry it's not actually any help)

lol no worries mate:lol:

me and my mate were discussing it the other day as he is running quite a tuned Ibiza cupra and has not got the funds to get brembos right now so was looking at a cheaper alternative

from what i have heard its definitely worth it, just seeing if any of the boys on here have done it yet

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Its the first thing I do toa motorbike if braided hoses are not already fitted. If the car is a few years old, and it sill has its original brake hoses, it would be a worthwhile mod. The change isn't goind to be staggering, but it should give a more solid brake response, because your energy of pressing the pedal and moving the fluid goes only to pushing the pads against the disk, and not into expanding tired rubber hose. That said, on servo assisted brakes you loose a lot of that feel anyway.

So yes, its worth doing but don't expect a massive difference,

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It's one of those things that's worth doing at the same time as new discs and pads IMO (I mean when you have to replace them anyway, not just as part of an upgrade), but doesn't quite justify the work if done on their own.

HarveyGTI

It's one of those things that's worth doing at the same time as new discs and pads IMO (I mean when you have to replace them anyway, not just as part of an upgrade), but doesn't quite justify the work if done on their own.

thanks Rob, yes since you put it like that, then probably only worth doing it when i change the discs and pads, so the cost of the brake lines is kind of factored into the service/maintenance

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.