Just put a deposit down...

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
On an '04 Leon Cupra R, black, 17k on the clock from Westerham Seat (at the bottom of the m25).

Ooh I'm giddy as a school girl!:D

Fresh MOT, 1 year's warranty, full service (including discs and brake pads), 6 months tax, 12 months AA and a tank of petrol for 12 and a half big ones, minus nearly 6 for my ibiza.

Pick it up next Saturday (assuming my finances clear):funk:

Just had to let you know.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Who you dealing with, Phil?

There sales department is great there - I bought my LCR from them. Haven't had such great experiences with their service department unfortunately.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Who you dealing with, Phil?

There sales department is great there - I bought my LCR from them. Haven't had such great experiences with their service department unfortunately.

Peter Titlow (snigger snigger) - he seemed pretty straight with me and gave me the best price I've been offered for my car.

As for servicing, I'll be having it done up here by Johnsons in Braintree - but twice I've bought a Seat and they've been useless at sourcing one.

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Yeah. sounds like you paid a good price as well. Congrats and happy driving! hope you are as happy as I am!

I bet you tried for 12 months tax but was very hard pushed to get 6!! happened to me.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Tried hard to get more money for mine...and a year's tax.

Got 6 months and a full tank of petrol but he knew he had me over a barrel - these things don't sit in dealerships that long, especially with that low mileage and price.

Remap and DV first on the list, coilovers soon after, ICE...I'm going to have to sell my soul to pay for it all but I can't wait!

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Yes you are right, they are sought after cars for the right mileage and price. But sounds like you got a good deal so you must be happy.

If you are anything like me you will not stop looking at it, thinking of mods, cleaning, polishing it and generally thinking about it. Sounds sad but with such a great purchase so true!

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
TBH I didn't really sleep last night - I'd phoned ahead yesterday and had a good talk with the guy, so was really going down to confirm details. Like a kiddie at Christmas - bloody embarrassing really.

Mod-wise I'll play it safe to begin with as the insurance will be crippling!

First move is likely to be a new DV and a remap (probably APR as there is a dealer local).

After that, coil-overs definitely (after seeing James' tonight at the Essex meet it looked stunning), front strut brace, maybe an induction kit and a FMIC further down the line...not to mention I'll be hoiking the stereo and transplanting the amps and sub from the beezer.

Not to mention hour upon hour of claying, polishing, sealing, waxing, waxing again - it's what I do when I get a new car!

- these things don't sit in dealerships that long, especially with that low mileage and price.

Remap and DV first on the list, coilovers soon after, ICE...I'm going to have to sell my soul to pay for it all but I can't wait!

agreed....used to be like hens teeth etc! Although I'm starting to see them more at dealers now, wonder if it's a combination of people shifting them in PX for the mk2, end of lease schemes starting to kick in etc.....

My local dealer (Humphris Oxford) has 3 of them at the minute.....most odd!

p.s well done on a cracking purchase, enjoy!! :funk::clap:

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
There were a few around in red, yellow and silver - but I wanted a low mileage black one and the more fussy you are (like me!) the harder things are to come by...

Saving up for the remap and insurance (gah!)

Dec 19, 2006
congrats on your new purchase. I might see you down there picking it up as i've gotta go to Westerham Seat to pick up a few bits for my car :D

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
My local dealer (Humphris Oxford) has 3 of them at the minute.....most odd!

p.s well done on a cracking purchase, enjoy!! :funk::clap:

When I went there 6 weeks or so ago they had 6 LCR's!! apparantly they have realised they are now very sought after and decided to buy a load in. When I was ringing round all the dealers down south they were the only one that had a few that I was interested in - black or plat grey of which there were 4! They have since all shifted bar one with the other 2 new ones from when I went.:confused:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise