Key Started Playing up!!!!!

tom_iza

Hi ive being having trouble with the key i parked it at work the other day came out and it wouldnt unlock on the buton on the key so i had to put the key in the lock, however it will lock with the button again and again, ive tried to take it appart to see if its a dodgey battery or something but it wont undo and i dont want to force it!!!!:help:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Are you sure the battery isn't going flat? Check the voltage with a meter or if you don't have one then just stick another battery in as they're pretty cheap now.

tom_iza

thanks ive tried with a screwdriver but it wont come appart i will try again

IceManJoeH

Just a quick note.... If your going to take it apart, Beware, there is a small black bit of plastic in the key its only about 2mm X 5mm but do not throw it away! it is the transponder for the imoblizer if you lose it the car will not start!!!! friend of mine dropped his key and it broke, he then put it back together and had a small bit of plastic left, looked like a snapped bit he tought it was junk and chucked it over his shoulder... car would not start, RAC said its trashed... 9 hour search in the bushes and fiallly he was reunited with it.... not fun.

tom_iza

Hi thanks for the info guys i took it apart and changed the battery and its fine now!!!!!!:funk:

Matt M

Same problem!!!

Hi
My key has recently been having the same problem as yours did. It wont unlock but it locks. I've changed the battery and still I have the same problem. Did you have to do anything else as well as changing the battery?

cheers:help:

tom_iza

nope i just put a new battery in and it was fine, is the battery you put in a new one??

Matt M

Yeah. I think I might need to synchronise my key.......Although every method I've tried of doing hasn't worked!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members