Kiwi paint ??

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
Rite lads my mk2 gti 16v is in need of painting and shes havin a full respray so just need to know a few things. I have been asked if the paint is a solid paint or will it need laquer as it will be cheaper if it doesnt need laquer. I was also thinkin of having it painted in the New focus rs green but nt sure or if any1 can recomend any other lime greens that are in your face.lol

Any ideas???

Cheers Rich

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
talk to dinky dave about kiwi green. he had his done not so long ago and i saw it on saturday. the photo`s on ere dont do it justice! it is amazing and when he took me out in it, the imprint of my hand is still on his roll cage. hs certainly knows how to drive that car. as for the paint, its brilliant!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
stick with the kiwi green as it will be a strong colour when its fresh...who is doing the spray job?

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
the paint can be mixed to what ever..if you by 2 pack paint..mix with thinners/hardner..it sets and it polishes up to a good shine.. and you dont need to laquer it..ask the friend of a friend...in all fairness if he dont know about paints, i wouldnt let him respray your car

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Mine's in your face, fresh kiwi paint is lush... just need to keep polishing and waxing to keep on top of it. Otherwise look at the Ford Fiesta Limited Edition Green..... thats a nice colour.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
talk to dinky dave about kiwi green. he had his done not so long ago and i saw it on saturday. the photo`s on ere dont do it justice! it is amazing and when he took me out in it, the imprint of my hand is still on his roll cage. hs certainly knows how to drive that car. as for the paint, its brilliant!

And you thought it'll be a good idea not to do the harnesses up lol :rolleyes:

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
if i`d of known you were going to drive like that, dont you think i would of done???? if ever there is a next time i will be sure too! lol!!! carnt fault your driving tho!

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
i would prefer to stick with the kiwi green myself like so if i get it mixed like you say with 2 pack and thinners etc and dont bother with a lacquer finish do u think it wud look good still? just dont want it to look dull! i polish my car every week anyway so keeping up to it wud not be a problem, And i am byin the paint hence y im asking the questions in the first place.

cheers

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Definetely stick with the Kiwi mate, dont really see that many of them about and when its brand new and gleaming it looks so good.

Sorry to thread jack but does Alpine White require a laquer on it aswell or is it one of the colours with the laquer mixed in??

Reason Im asking is Im fixing up some small rusty bits on the car and I had a colour match tin mixed up, I put the colour on and it was like a perfect match, put laquer on n it went a total different colour. :confused:

Last edited: