Lambda problems!

alhambra_bob

Hello everyone, please bear with me as I am new to all this forum stuff.

I have a 2,0l Alhambra with ady engine, the lambda voltage is showing arond 4v, I have checked the lambda heater voltage and found that to be only 5.5v instead of the 11v. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so how was it cured?

Thank you for any help

BoB

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Is 11v the standard constant flow? or the maximum voltage?

ie if the lambda is heated up then will the ecu control the voltage to control the amount the heater element is working on the sensor?

alhambra_bob

Hi and thanks for your reply. I am not sure if 11v is the constant voltage to the heater or if it is switched by the ecu (I would think it would have to be constant to provide a stable reference for comparison.......) ie. if the lambda reading is high and the ecu raises the temp of the heater to reach optimum lambda voltage then fuel trim will remain static. I'll ask around to see if 11v is stable and post back. Thanks again Bob.

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Im thinking once the engine is up to temperature the exhaust fumes will do the heating? Ie the heating element is only for warm up. I think early lambdas didnt have a heater element?

As for electrical readings thats when I lose all ability im afraid! I understand electrics as much as I understand women!

alhambra_bob

If women were like electricity they were probably wired by VAG,,. As for the lambda thing this is on a 1998 shed and does def have a heater after engine warm-up no change to lambda reading even at 2500-3000 rpm I have already swapped probe ( but only for an ebay universal special) but looks like I may have to put another one in if only for the MoT. Back to the women thing if you find the on / off switch let us all know. Thanks again BoB

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.