Lambda Sensor Not in Exhaust.....

scorker

hi guys got an ibiza cupra mk2 gti it failed its MOT on emissions

the lamda sensor is hanging down at the bottom of the car i have taken it to a few places and they all said they cant find nowhere tht it plugs into any1 have any clues????

and when im driving it when u accelerate the car is really hesitant and doesnt really go nowhere tbh it really struggles

hope sum1 can help me plz

scorker

seems like someones done some butchery on the exhaust?

i couldnt tell ya mate one person said maybe a diff down pipe has been fitted and some1 else said maybe its been cut from wiring loom

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
should go into the cat!

Photo0578.jpg

You can see it on the right but mine exhaust system is far from standard but that is the area it should be around.

Last edited:

scorker

should go into the cat!

You can see it on the right but mine exhaust system is far from standard but that is the area it should be around.

Its in the cat its the other end thats not in people are telling me i need it all re wiring etc but no1 ive taken it too really knows what to do with it so im stuck on what to do with it lol

scorker

a think so and any garage ive took it to cant find nowhere for it go

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
want for the weather to get better, make yourself a cup of tea, go outside, open you bonnet and have a look around for a cut wire somewhere and then join them together! :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
When I stripped & refitted the wiring loom before it ran down & clipped into the rear engine mount

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.