Lambro's Black 1.2 MK4 5DR Ibiza...:D

Cheers mate will be Ordering one :) , then no more cd's ! :D

No worries, just don't forget to ground pin 14....Had me puzzled for a while, haha. And the actual socket was a bit stiff to get in, but I widened the entry slots with a flat-head screwdriver. :)
Ground - It's the orange wire here:
5ad4bd70-9048-f853.jpg

Last edited:

ha2020

Nov 17, 2011
Leeds
Just read through your thread again haha :p, what lights did you use to light up your footwells mate ?

Cheers

I think the mods are going to come grinding to a halt.
Me & my Dad are thinking we should chop it in for a TDi, the 1.2 drinks to much (Probably my driving).
Slight dilemma though, can't get insured on a Golf Mk4 130 (Only up to 115) until I've got my 1 year ncb (Sept.).
But can get insured on an Ibiza 130 now.
My dad kinda wants the Golf, as they're cheaper (more of them), and the 5Dr still looks good (5Dr=Cheaper).
But I want a 130, but not a 5Dr Ibiza.
So we're kinda stuck atm. :p

I think we'll probably end up swapping the Beez for 5Dr 115/100 Golf, then come Sept, either swap that for a 3Dr Ibiza 130 or 160 if I can get insured, or a Golf 130 5/3Dr, or keep it. I'm not to sure which would make a good modding base....I know the 130's are the boys, but I could get a 115 and mod from there? Argghhh

So to sum up:
Golf Mk4 100/115 5Dr = Possibly now
Golf Mk4 130 5Dr/3Dr = Wait till Sept.
Ibiza Mk4 130 3Dr = Possibly now
Ibiza Mk4 130 5Dr = :no:

Achieve 170 bhp:
Golf Mk4 100 = Remap + quite a few other bits and bobs, £1000?
Golf Mk4 115 = Remap + little other bits and bobs, £800?
Ibiza Mk4 130 = Remap, £300?

And I won't be able to start modding until September anyway.

I think if my A-levels go well on Thursday (Results day), I'll go shopping on the Sunday.
If they don't go well, I'll be drowning my sorrows and buying a 106. :happy:

Oh, and I feel sorry for anyone reading all that ^, as I think I have even confused myself.

ha2020

Nov 17, 2011
Leeds
I think the mods are going to come grinding to a halt.
Me & my Dad are thinking we should chop it in for a TDi, the 1.2 drinks to much (Probably my driving).
Slight dilemma though, can't get insured on a Golf Mk4 130 (Only up to 115) until I've got my 1 year ncb (Sept.).
But can get insured on an Ibiza 130 now.
My dad kinda wants the Golf, as they're cheaper (more of them), and the 5Dr still looks good (5Dr=Cheaper).
But I want a 130, but not a 5Dr Ibiza.
So we're kinda stuck atm. :p

I think we'll probably end up swapping the Beez for 5Dr 115/100 Golf, then come Sept, either swap that for a 3Dr Ibiza 130 or 160 if I can get insured, or a Golf 130 5/3Dr, or keep it. I'm not to sure which would make a good modding base....I know the 130's are the boys, but I could get a 115 and mod from there? Argghhh

So to sum up:
Golf Mk4 100/115 5Dr = Possibly now
Golf Mk4 130 5Dr/3Dr = Wait till Sept.
Ibiza Mk4 130 3Dr = Possibly now
Ibiza Mk4 130 5Dr = :no:

Achieve 170 bhp:
Golf Mk4 100 = Remap + quite a few other bits and bobs, £1000?
Golf Mk4 115 = Remap + little other bits and bobs, £800?
Ibiza Mk4 130 = Remap, £300?

And I won't be able to start modding until September anyway.

I think if my A-levels go well on Thursday (Results day), I'll go shopping on the Sunday.
If they don't go well, I'll be drowning my sorrows and buying a 106. :happy:

Oh, and I feel sorry for anyone reading all that ^, as I think I have even confused myself.

Haha almost confused but that sounds good mate, I'd really want one of those but think I'm going to hold on until my insurance is lower, but I hope you get the one you want pal :D

ha2020

Nov 17, 2011
Leeds
No worries, just don't forget to ground pin 14....Had me puzzled for a while, haha. And the actual socket was a bit stiff to get in, but I widened the entry slots with a flat-head screwdriver. :)
Ground - It's the orange wire here:
5ad4bd70-9048-f853.jpg

So I've grounded it, but how do you actually get the Alana player to play it ? Cheers

ha2020

Nov 17, 2011
Leeds
No worries, glad you got it working! :)

Also, just got my flip key working, (Finally got round to coding the transponder myself)

Total cost of my flip key? £26 (Not including the K+CAN Commander cable which I can keep for life/sell)

Ah another question lol, so id like to change to flip key, and tips how you did it mate ?

Thanks

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
have you been in the 115 golfs ?
i know its not the 130 but there 115 are no slouch by any means, iv not been in the golf but been in the a3 equivalent and it surprised me how well it pulled to say its only 115brake still pulled at 90+ with 4up (before the flaming comes i wasn't driving nor condone that type of driving)

have you been in the 115 golfs ?
i know its not the 130 but there 115 are no slouch by any means, iv not been in the golf but been in the a3 equivalent and it surprised me how well it pulled to say its only 115brake still pulled at 90+ with 4up (before the flaming comes i wasn't driving nor condone that type of driving)

Good point, I should probably take these on a test drive before I start babbling and making decisions. :p

Appreciate the advice mate!

Ideally though, I will want to remap the car at a later date, once I start with the visual mods.
So I'm not entirely sure the 115 will be as good a tuning base as the 130.

I'll probably end up looking at Golf 115's or Ibiza 130's....and if I get an Ibiza 130, I'll stick with that for a while, whereas if I get the Golf, I will be in 2 minds.
Eitherway, they're all better than my 1.2! :p And my only requirement is that my next car will trash a 1.4 100bhp Corsa! :p

Last edited:

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
Good point, I should probably take these on a test drive before I start babbling and making decisions. :p

Appreciate the advice mate!

Ideally though, I will want to remap the car at a later date, once I start with the visual mods.
So I'm not entirely sure the 115 will be as good a tuning base as the 130.

I'll probably end up looking at Golf 115's or Ibiza 130's....and if I get an Ibiza 130, I'll stick with that for a while, whereas if I get the Golf, I will be in 2 minds.
Eitherway, they're all better than my 1.2! :p And my only requirement is that my next car will trash a 1.4 100bhp Corsa! :p
which shape corsa was it ? i had a 1.4 corsa D as a courtesy car and their only 88brake and even then mk4 ibiza will be lighter

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
ahh right not drove the 98 brake one
the 88brake one felt gutless and slow to the point where i thought it was only a 1.2 until i looked at the tax disk, my ibiza felt alot faster then an extra 10 or so brake should do in your head

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise