LCR 1M Steering Wheel

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi guys
I want to change my tired old steering wheel or refurbish it. I do however like the flat bottom steering wheels, anyone have an pics of one you changed or I can get my hands on a flat bottom one.
Cheers

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
The flat bottom are good, I don't have a pic but I did refurb the oem and the sold it for a Alcantara wheel which was ok then I sold that for flat bottom and the best wheel out of my 3 lol. Just getting one for a decent price seems to be the issue now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311_222329_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230311_222329_Gallery.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Jay20VT

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
The flat bottom are good, I don't have a pic but I did refurb the oem and the sold it for a Alcantara wheel which was ok then I sold that for flat bottom and the best wheel out of my 3 lol. Just getting one for a decent price seems to be the issue now.
That's exactly what I want! There is a flat bottom Golf IV one on eBay for 230 without air bag, which looks quite nice. Is it a faf to change and put the logo in the middle and the air bag?

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
It's straight forward bud, couple of release Holes at the back of the wheel to get airbag off then disconnect the plug, undo the nut and just the reverse really, I just put center wheel gel stickers on for the logo, I'm tall so the extra room works for me but cosmetically I like the upto date ish look. That's about what I paid to be fair the carbon ones look good but 500 is a nope for me.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
If you find one and it needs recovering I could highly recommend royal steering wheels.
Had mine done a few years ago and it’s a fantastic job. Sent it away looking all worn and red and it came back like brand new.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I wanted a flat bottom wheel in mine but went for mk3 FR as I liked the FR badge
db3eee6acd74ee5cab72fb1b256ddc16.jpg

The buttons don’t work but I’m not bothered by that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.