Leaving this forum?

mdr1840

Mar 1, 2022
How do I leave this forum? My seat Leon has left me and I’m now with another manufacturer.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I tend to stay active on various forums even after I’ve sold the car that prompted me to join those forums in the first place.

I’ve not owned a VW Golf since early 2016, but I still visit three of the Golf forums regularly and contribute to the discussions. Similarly, I visit this forum regularly and post fairly regularly too - I’ve not owned a Seat (sorry! 🫢), but there’s lots of commonality between VW’s and Seat’s so having owned VW’s for over 20 years, hopefully I can add value to discussions.

And best of all with this forum, there’s none of the arrogance or superiority complex that I sometimes encounter on some VW forums; just friendly, helpful people with a wealth of knowledge and experience, and good banter! 👍🙂

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
........... And best of all with this forum, there’s none of the arrogance or superiority complex that I sometimes encounter on some VW forums; just friendly, helpful people with a wealth of knowledge and experience, and good banter! 👍🙂
I agree! Very good atmosphere on seatcupra.net :D. As you say VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi, same platforms, specially since the MQB was introduced 2012.

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
And best of all with this forum, there’s none of the arrogance or superiority complex that I sometimes encounter on some VW forums; just friendly, helpful people with a wealth of knowledge and experience, and good banter! 👍🙂
I've been a forum member for a while now and completely agree with the above. I've had friendly and well informed help and advice and some just "interesting" conversations with other members. I'm slightly falling out of love with my "problem child" Ibiza just now. She's getting one last chance when I change the O/S/F driveshaft and if she doesn't behave after that I think we'll be parting company but I'll probably still be lurking around on here even if I don't buy another VAG product to replace her. I'm obsessed with the idea of a Jazz 1.5 sport just now but suspect it'll be a big disappointment when I drive one.

I'm also a member and contributor to the FIAT Forum https://www.fiatforum.com/ where I spend more of my time than I do here - I'm obsessed with Pandas - and I can strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this forum. It's friendly, helpful and full of technical content regarding all manner of FIAT related "stuff".

I'm off to investigate Honda forums now and try to go up the "knowledge tree" regarding the 1.5 Jazz Sport. Daughter in law ran a mk1 Jazz - with the 8 plug iDSI engine - until recently when it was vandalized so badly that it was declared "beyond economic repair". I'd looked after it for her up until then and Honda's engineering impressed me but I think the direct injection 1.5 may be a different kettle of fish. I know there's been problems with fuel dilution of the oil with the turbo'd version of this engine in the 'States but my American friend tells me it seems to be related to use in extremely cold conditions which we don't really get over here. In the Jazz application, of course, it's naturally aspirated so has no turbo - 'Twood be even better if it wasn't direct injection like it's smaller, and less powerful, 1.3 brother though - but I suspect that would be to sedentary for me? Anyway, lots of interesting stuff to research and learn about. Another attraction of this brand for me is that there's no less than two Honda independents within just a few minute's drive, walkable within a half hour if necessary, for any really heavy jobs which I now can't manage any more due to my advancing age.

Reactions: Syphon

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
I've been a forum member for a while now and completely agree with the above. I've had friendly and well informed help and advice and some just "interesting" conversations with other members. I'm slightly falling out of love with my "problem child" Ibiza just now. She's getting one last chance when I change the O/S/F driveshaft and if she doesn't behave after that I think we'll be parting company but I'll probably still be lurking around on here even if I don't buy another VAG product to replace her. I'm obsessed with the idea of a Jazz 1.5 sport just now but suspect it'll be a big disappointment when I drive one.

I'm also a member and contributor to the FIAT Forum https://www.fiatforum.com/ where I spend more of my time than I do here - I'm obsessed with Pandas - and I can strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this forum. It's friendly, helpful and full of technical content regarding all manner of FIAT related "stuff".

I'm off to investigate Honda forums now and try to go up the "knowledge tree" regarding the 1.5 Jazz Sport. Daughter in law ran a mk1 Jazz - with the 8 plug iDSI engine - until recently when it was vandalized so badly that it was declared "beyond economic repair". I'd looked after it for her up until then and Honda's engineering impressed me but I think the direct injection 1.5 may be a different kettle of fish. I know there's been problems with fuel dilution of the oil with the turbo'd version of this engine in the 'States but my American friend tells me it seems to be related to use in extremely cold conditions which we don't really get over here. In the Jazz application, of course, it's naturally aspirated so has no turbo - 'Twood be even better if it wasn't direct injection like it's smaller, and less powerful, 1.3 brother though - but I suspect that would be to sedentary for me? Anyway, lots of interesting stuff to research and learn about. Another attraction of this brand for me is that there's no less than two Honda independents within just a few minute's drive, walkable within a half hour if necessary, for any really heavy jobs which I now can't manage any more due to my advancing age.
Thought I'd round this off by mentioning that I found a low mileage Jazz "s" - so basic model with steel wheels etc and the 1.3 engine - in that nice blue colour which I'm quite attracted to. It had the newer more aggressive front end styling, which I quite like and was about 30 miles away from home at a Honda main dealership. We, My Mrs and me, went down and took it out for a good test drive. The salesman, who may have been the sales manager, just handed us the keys and said "don't come back until you're sure it's the car for you". I started by driving it around the town in very slow and faster moving traffic. Of course it feels very different to the Ibiza with it's normally aspirated engine but I found I quite liked it. Then we went out into the countryside and I really just couldn't get on with it on the faster main roads. Lack of "punch" from the engine was only one factor. So, to cut what could be a long story short, I didn't buy it. A good car for the city but just not for me.

So what did I buy? Well, after a lot of investigating various different makes and models I came to the conclusion that it was going to be difficult to beat what the Volkswagen group engineers have on offer. I like a small estate but the SEAT and Skoda offerings are no longer made which depressed me but, I became aware of the Skoda Scala and, although slightly bigger, I have ended up buying one. It's a pre reg with just 9 miles on the clock when I took ownership. Now up to just over 800 miles and, so far, not regretting it, in fact far from it, I'm pretty much loving it! I've written some more about it here if anyone is interested: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/bye-bye-seat-hello-skoda.474961/

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My younger daughter and husband originally planned to buy a slightly used Skoda Scala 1.5 6MT, but ended up buying a used SEAT Arona 1.0TSI 115PS with all the bells and whistles - I think that the Arona won over the Scala due to it being easier for her long legged husband to fit into and drive, which makes sense as the Arona is a small SUV so more upright than the conventional shaped Scala. They have a son now and the buggy/pram fits into the back of the Arona it seems!

Oh well, so it is over to Briskoda.net for you - as well as checking in here now and again.

A youngish family in our small development have a Scala for the wife and a mid sized Skoda SUV for the husband, the Scala is quite a sensible looking car, I'm afraid I'm all for sticking with conventional shaped cars like estates and saloons - but our choices are disappearing.

My wife's August 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI ended up with a seized rear RHS brake calliper, which I replaced with a re-manufactured Pagid calliper from Halfords, much cheaper than from ECP who supply Halfords as ECP are the sole importer of aftermarket Pagid parts to the UK market. Possibly now time to refurbish the other callipers, ie polish up the pistons and fit new score seals and dust covers - now that I've practised on that seized calliper!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.