LED Sidelights - Correct Colour

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
I'm looking at replacing my Sidelights again, I had replaced them first time around with these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-SEAT-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The bulbs went in piece of piss, very easy and no errors ... but they were blue, not white.

Well a month and a bit later they decide to **** themselves, one of them stops working, light on dash. I've put the original yellow ones in, they look **** next too my main lights, white and yellow.

Basically:

I'm looking at getting some new LED sidelights, I want them matching to the White of the Main Beam. Does anyone have a link to some which are matching white, not blue.

JHox

Feb 9, 2018
Market Harborough
From my brief experience with LED's in the mk2 they almost always tend to **** the bed with error lights or flickering. I haven't tried installing extra resistors, I think the topic has been explored quite a bit on the forum but I personally haven't seen any sure-fire resolution as of yet

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
From my brief experience with LED's in the mk2 they almost always tend to **** the bed with error lights or flickering. I haven't tried installing extra resistors, I think the topic has been explored quite a bit on the forum but I personally haven't seen any sure-fire resolution as of yet
If you fit the canbus resistors one either side you won,t have any problems...thats what i have fitted to my leon cupra mk2 ...and looks far better like you say....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CustardKing93

Apr 25, 2018
have you got a link for the resistors youve been using? i have bought some but the have a very slack fit when in the housing

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
I am not using resistors, I have a Pre-Fl. as far as I am aware pre-fl’s are less strict on the error throwing with the lights so it’s not needed.

I’m just after a different temperature of light, I hate blue I want matching white.

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
I am not using resistors, I have a Pre-Fl. as far as I am aware pre-fl’s are less strict on the error throwing with the lights so it’s not needed.

I’m just after a different temperature of light, I hate blue I want matching white.
You can get pure white leds....and suggest get relays as you won,t habe any troubles eith faults....don,y trust pre ones not as reliable...had mine in 2 years no problems...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise