Led tail lights

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Looks great. Didn't even know there was under seat lighting lol. Been looking for red festoon but no joy need to look harder I think. Though of blue but would prefer red with car been red.

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Paul can u give me the link to the 501 LEDs you used for floor lights please. Tried some LEDs in tail lights tonight supposed to be error free but they didn't work

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
I bought 10 for the floor and doors but they don't fit lol they have the White cap which is too big for the holder and opens the contacts lol. We live and learn

asonda

Nov 5, 2013

Paul, I really like the Exeo in that colour....but for me, as mine is black...now I've seen yours, I'm going to debadge the back...I like it without the EXEO on the back... thanks :)

Lots of people over on Detailing World like this place http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/

I'm going to get some LED Fog Light Bulbs to match the colour of the Bi-Xenons and DRLs as they currently look yellow and I'm going to get some LED Number Plate bulbs too as the Exeo looks a modern car and these little touches make it bang up to date visually on the outside...

Question...which ones need resistors? If I buy 'Canbus' ones from Horizon LED I assume I don't need any resistors? Do the interior ones need to be canbus or will it through up and error if they're not?

Cheers

Jamie

Last edited:

Cookies

May 18, 2014
County Down
Hi chum. I've just received a set of number plate bulbs from an eBay seller and I'll stick them on later to see if they throw a warning up or not. They're supposed to be error free but we'll see lol.

I'd love a set of the led H11s for the foglights. Totally forgot about horizon too lol.

Re the interior lights, they don't need resistors as the bulb check is only for the exterior lamps. I saw a full 'interior led kit' somewhere, might actually have been on horizon. Must investigate further.

Have you found any foglight bulbs on-line yet chum. I'd be interested too.

Cooks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Tony/ Jamie
I have ones with the white plastic caps, yes I agree they are a little tight I just pushed them in & they are all fine. The slimmer one's would be better.
Jamie you will need resistors for the fogs & the number plate lights as they will give you errors. I think you will need x2 50w resistors for the fogs & 10w for the number plate the The Insignia I had only needed one resistor thou as the two bulbs were linked in line, all the interior bulbs are not linked to the canbus so they will give you no errors.
Footwells X4 501
Puddle X4 501
interior roof x6 BA9S (TW4)
Rear light (ST) x2 37mm festoon (42mm will fit !!)
Vanity x2 37mm festoon
I have fitted led's in the Drl's & they give errors, in the process of fitting resistors hopefully this weekend if it stops bloody raining !! :headhurt:
Paul

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
The one thing that people have said about the Exeo is that the front indicators don't show up very well with the DRLs on as they aren't very bright...

Can you get orange LED bulbs for the front indicators? As I have noticed cars be a bit hesitant if I'm coming up to a corner from weird road angles (plenty of them in Cornwall)....

Thanks for the size list, helps a lot!

Last edited:

GTRACING

Sep 27, 2014
Hi
Has anyone put LED Bulbs in their rear indicators. If so has it flagged errors , if not what and where did you get them .
Many thanks.

Cookies

May 18, 2014
County Down
I tried LEDs in my number plate lights and they flagged up errors every time I started the car. I took them out after a week.
Cooks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members