Leon cupra slight moan

Petrol-Head-Pete

cupra k1 emocion red 58
Jul 13, 2008
Hayling Island near Portsmouth
I have a cupra k1 in red 58 plate i am totally in love with it, it does everything i want it to do and has lots of cool gadgets like the handsfree audible command system. however i went to use my washer jets yesterday and nothing came out. i was so annoyed that my car in this day and age didnt warn me that my fluid was low, its such a silly little thing to moan about i know but its a 4 month old car and i would of thought that this would be standard by now.

anyone else share my point any comments welcome.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
It's only standard on the MK2 if you have the communication pack as an option (bluetooth)
If you have xenons then your bottle will empty twice as fast as a car with standard headlights!!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
It only comes with the car if you have xenons (and possibly winter pack?) as washer jets are a legal requirement for xenons.

Petrol-Head-Pete

cupra k1 emocion red 58
Jul 13, 2008
Hayling Island near Portsmouth
i do have bluetooth tho! why do xenons use more washer fluid than standard then. another thing ive just thought of is i dont think my car has headlight washer jets well if it does i haven't noticed them, im sure it mentions them in the handbook

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
xeons have to have washer jets by law. They spray the headlights every fifth windscreen wash application.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
NO - Winter pack not an option, something to do with the seats being incompatible with the heater unit - pity as that was the only other thingy I wanted, toasted arse!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
NO - Winter pack not an option, something to do with the seats being incompatible with the heater unit - pity as that was the only other thingy I wanted, toasted arse!

Thought not, I know it was listed when I ordered mine but didn't think it was ever physically available.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
So have we gotten to the bottom of what option you need to get the low washer warning. I have both bluetooth and xenons and I got the warning the other day...

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Is there a way of retro fitting the low washer warning sensor. Would be something some of us might be interested in. would it also require it being enable with VAG-Com?