Leon MK 2 sun roof drains blocked

arsenalmorris

Gooner
Aug 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Hi guys. So I have had wet footwells in the passengers side of my car for a while and have decided I was gonna try and sort this today. I have followed the water and after taking of various trims I have found this is coming from the sunroof at the top where the drainage hole connects to the pipe that runs up the A pillow.
I have had the pipe out and that’s clear so I am guessing this must be the connector at the side of the dash near the little window that is blocked and is making water build up. Does anyone know how to get to the other end of the drainage tube (on the outside of the car) and the best way to make sure this is clear from debris.

Reactions: steve7786

Co2

May 2, 2007
Been there, done that. You'd have to disassemble way too many parts. Easiest way is through the interior. Take out the A pillar trim, remember to loosen the springs so it's easier next time, use a cable guide or something similar that's absolutely not sharp. Unclog the drains, lube and refit the drain tube. Reassemble the trim and you're good to go. Depending on how often you have the sunroof open and/or the state of the glass seal you should be good for at least two years.

Best thing is to preemptively clean the drains every year before the rains. Even though pretty much no dealership does it, Seat dies recommend sunroof maintenance every 4 years.

arsenalmorris

Gooner
Aug 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Been there, done that. You'd have to disassemble way too many parts. Easiest way is through the interior. Take out the A pillar trim, remember to loosen the springs so it's easier next time, use a cable guide or something similar that's absolutely not sharp. Unclog the drains, lube and refit the drain tube. Reassemble the trim and you're good to go. Depending on how often you have the sunroof open and/or the state of the glass seal you should be good for at least two years.

Best thing is to preemptively clean the drains every year before the rains. Even though pretty much no dealership does it, Seat dies recommend sunroof maintenance every 4 years.
Thankyou. Yea it was fairly easy to sort out. I pulled out the bung at the bottom and it was blocked up with loads of dirt. Have cleaned it all out and then cut the bottom off so it’s a lot wider and things deffo won’t get stuck in it now