Loosing water coolant

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
Hi everyone hope we are well
So driving my Leon cupra this morning for about 10 mins and it came up on the dash check coolant, had a look and it’s nearly all gone now I checked the level two days ago and was between the min and max level, checked for leaks and I can not see anything, am completely baffled. Few people said prob water pump but I have never known one to fail on a four year old car with 33k on the clock any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi everyone hope we are well
So driving my Leon cupra this morning for about 10 mins and it came up on the dash check coolant, had a look and it’s nearly all gone now I checked the level two days ago and was between the min and max level, checked for leaks and I can not see anything, am completely baffled. Few people said prob water pump but I have never known one to fail on a four year old car with 33k on the clock any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks
Have a look in the Leon Mk3 threads in the SEAT car forums, as well documented this loss of coolant problem.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Water pump and thermostat housing are weak points on VAG’s 2.0 EA888 petrol engine. Lots of discussions on Golf forums - and lots of water pump / thermostat housing replacements on mk7 / mk7.5 performance Golfs.

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
Water pump and thermostat housing are weak points on VAG’s 2.0 EA888 petrol engine. Lots of discussions on Golf forums - and lots of water pump / thermostat housing replacements on mk7 / mk7.5 performance Golfs.
Thanks pal it’s going in on Monday to be looked at. Thing is I had a good look today around engine and floor and no signs of leaks/wet etc 🤷🏻‍♂️