Loss of power dangerous

Shopdamonkeys

Hi out there, put my alhambra se tdi 2002 ride in for a full service yesterday , engine was as responsive and tight n powerful as ever (Tis why I brought it), and guess what I drive it out of the garage to find it wouldn't get up a hill or even get over 3 thousand revs, to it back in n after they tryed to say it was like it before I dropped it off !!! That's why it's here mr mechanic lol , they went down the line of saying and replacing a "MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR" and test drive it not even enough to get it out of 3rd gear and sent me on my wAy!! So off I went and got on the motorway and BOOOO SAME again now drive power , so now I've gone to a main dealer not saying what's wrong and the've come up with ' needs a new mass air flow 'meter' , to which they are fitting as I write this!!!
I'm just want to know if it's possible they can fix it by just replacing it, or is it the turbo?? Two garages two days same jobs!!! Feeling a little mugged off :( HELP ;) cheers:confused:

lucy_lou

Feb 14, 2015
Intermittent loss of power

Hi everyone, I have purchased the 2000 1.9tdi 115 bhp alhambra. Bought it largely because I had a petrol vw sharan and loved it. This has developed some problems that my mechanic is saying is going to cost me an arm and a leg.
There is a clear loss of power both from the engine/turbo and loss of power to the brakes. I haven't replaced anything as yet. There is also a terrible noise when steering. My mechanic insists I need a brake vac pump to bring the brakes back online, a belt tensioner to stop the noise and a mass air flow sensor to bring power back to the engine.
Can any experienced Alhambra forum posters please let me know if this sounds about right or give me any words of wisdom?
I know it sounds strange to doubt the mechanic but his answer was for me to sell it and not bother repairing it.
Please help as Im so fed up about it
xxx

Reidy99

Nov 18, 2013
Suffolk
i am problems with my alhambra losing power i have just bought a maf sensor only £63 from euro parts if u buy online and takes 5 minutes to do . but it never sorted my loss of power out :(

lucy_lou

Feb 14, 2015
I'm a complete novice so it would just be something I would check with a diesel I suppose. I'm really upset with this car because I feel a bit ripped off and my mechanic is a bit negative and just wanted me to bin it. There are moments where I feel the car will literally crawl in 1st gear out of a junction and there is virtually no power to the brakes. Other times it seems to accelerate ok. so frustrating.

Reidy99

Nov 18, 2013
Suffolk
i am thinking of giving up on mine but its only gonna be something simple and stupid now so have to try and hang in there fuel filter and waste gate cleaned then give up lol

maybe u should ask someone else to look at ur car maybe fix it cheaper

lucy_lou

Feb 14, 2015
you're going to laugh but i've only had it a couple of weeks!! How long have you experienced this problem with it- my electric windows failed today too (sigh)

Reidy99

Nov 18, 2013
Suffolk
had it 2 years only started problems 2 weeks ago.

this forum is not very helpful mayb try vw/audi or ford lol:rofl:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.